barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
They tell me I’m 16 but I’m sceptical
the squirrel is back!!

Ahhh the title just came into my head. Not expliiiiicitly related to the piece, but I hope you can enjoy it anyways :D
Ach I feel like the last bit is just the *tiniest bit cliched* but it’s friendship! Love you all!!

Making Lemonade

Friendship 

Is when two hearts melt and break and
bloom together,
heartbeats, steady sobs, pulsing drums
dancing in the middle of the street
until the owners are no longer joined at the hip;

They are joined at the soul 
215 characters, 39 words 
Ahhhh I haven’t published anything in ages, so I’ma try stop hibernating and smell the air or something :D
*mmmm pollution*

Not sure political statements really suit me... 

• nolongeractive

This is so cute and so so sweet; your writing is always so amazing and the title and topic is just amazing and beautiful. Moreover, I really think you are one of the most amazing and kind people out there, along with one of the most talented writers! Thank you for sharing this, and I cannot wait to see what else you write.

• A. Penderwick

I adore this so much, the writing is absolutely gorgeous, and it feels so true. I also don't think the last part is cliched, because you take the idea of joined and the hipe,but change it to make it more beautiful and meaningful. I truly can't express my love for this piece.

Awwww this is so sweet! I love how you used "bloom" and the ending was just awww, perfect (formatting really added to that as well)!
    Lolllll- no, keep going with the "political statements" that was hilarious!
    RE: Awww thank you! And yes- rhyming is much more difficult than it needs to be! loll wait- what? I looove sweet potatoes! And aww, hope you're having a great day too! :)

• useless :)

re: aw thanks :)
    yup. i agree. although i'm in middle school, so yours are probably more annoying for the time being. with high school, you have APs and dual enrollment exams and all that fun stuff, along with normal exams :D
    yeah. i'm not sure though, i think i'm more comfortable like this. or maybe i just changed...idk lol
    have a great afternoon :D
    also, uhm, how?! how did you manage to sum up the literal essence of friendship so eloquently and still in like, seven short lines. that's talent :o
    this is so impactful and beautifully written, i love it! :)
    and ur footnotes lel

Re: Thanks so much! Have a great day as well :)

• Parisienne

This is just sooo.......perfect...wow I love it! This is literally just friendship encapsulated Ellie - you are AMAZING!
    re: thankyou!! I'm so glad you liked the song (I agree JH's songs are amazing).
    Please do an ode to the potato. I feel like you could do justice to the vegetable of the god's lol.
    oui...Paris will be magnificent!! I'll get there one day, I hope so anyways.
    Happy saturday..really hope your weeks been good lil sis!! Take care
    Becca <3

• buddingauthor

This is the definition of short yet impactful. Wow.
    Re: Thank you so so much!!