SunV

home is wherever i'm with you.

est. 11/10/19

Read the highlighted letters.

I wrote this only to bring light to issues. I don't mean to insult or hurt anyone. If I did hurt you, let me know. I will take this down. And know I didn't mean to.

T H E P R O B L E M S

There is simply too much for me to understand
How did we let this become the fate of our land?
Every single issue is a grain of sand

Poverty crowds the Mumbai streets
Thousands of people wanting food to eat

Rape is real, as much as we deny
Women all over have no tears left to cry

Overpopulation need I say much more?
We're a sinking ship, will we make it till the shore?

Black lives, Asian lives, every life is worth living
So why is gun-violence like a gift that keeps on giving?

Lines of trees burn down, falling one at a time
Yet all we care about, is how to earn that dime

Education for the youth, let them train their minds
"Why should we?" they say, "when there's jobs open in the mines?"

Mental illnesses, deaths are higher than ever before
People die because they can't take it anymore

See, I told you, there's too much to single out
There's no single greatest challenge,
In fact, sometimes I wonder if cruelty is what humanity is about
Read the highlighted words.

• ~Zoe~

ok, so I was wondering if you have any book suggestions? I'm looking for something different from my usual style so I thought I would ask some people. thank youuuu

alsooo, on another note, I'm doing a Q&A and so if you have any questions, let me know.

I hope you're doing well <3

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Aw thank you! I love the sound of silence as well! But probably my three favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs are Cecilia; Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.; and Patterns. What are some other artists you listen to? I am always looking for new music:)

• Yellow Sweater

Thank you! And yes, I did! I was really surprised that I managed to get into the honors program cause I kind of thought that my essays were terrible. I got waitlisted at Smith and Bryn Mawr though, so I have had a week full of mood swings.

I wish you the best of luck when the time comes! I have to admit I am very glad it is soon going to be over for me. Haha.

Wow this was so powerful and true. “no tears left to cry” was just so emotional! and the ending was just amazing!

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Wow SunV, wow.... you absolutely smashed it with this take on the prompt. It's original, and the way it spells out "The Problems" is amazing....fantastic display of your writing ability, and what a way to spread awareness about the things in the world we need to fix. Each new line hit me like a punch in the gut, but in a good way. Preach it!