Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

sometimes i don't want to be the person everyone can count on. does anyone actually want me, or do they just want me for what i can do for them?

mindfull

9

do you ever wonder if someone really cares about you
or if they just think they do
because you make them feel like sunlight
title is not a typo

• happygiggles

This is beautifully written, so heartfelt. I think life is about finding the correct balance between giving and taking, if that makes sense? Yes, help people but don’t allow yourself to be walked all over. Realizing your worth is important <3

Also, this was not cringy! I get why you would think so- I think all of mine are as well- but this was not!

Wow- this was deep, you wrote it very poetically, and it was really true! And awww, I get what you feel like. I often think the same thing and it sucks, but then my friends say the sweetest thing and I get all happy again. I hope your friends do the same! And if not- I'm totally here to talk! :) RE: Awww, of course! I know how positive comments are always awesome and your pieces are definitely deserving of them. Also- can I ask, are you turning 17 this year or have you already turned 16? Just cause I've mainly seen people be in like 8th grade or 17- nobody my age and it would be cool to find someone who is! :)

also your comments about being cringey?! girrl all my poems are angsty and scribblings of feeling like i'm not enough so--

:0 if someone ever told me i make them feel like sunlight i would cry.my crush tell me that? i would evaporate
    also sorry bubs, hope you feel better<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wowwwwwwww. Wow, this is amazing. Just amazing

• Alias 3

It's alright. Honestly this is very deep and relatable. Thank you for posting!
    (Feel free to ignore the next part if you want)

Personally, I've thought that a lot about the people in my life. The truth is there may be people who might only be in your life because what you do for them. I know there is in mine but I don't let those people take a big part in my life.
    As much as there are those people, there are the one's who want you for you and if you don't have them in your life now they are definitely out there for you.
    One of the easy ways to tell between the two is that one of them you can be vulnerable with and tell them honestly when you're not in the right space to help them which is completely acceptable to say because your own mental health matters as well. I get it, sometimes I don't want to be that person either but I think as long as you have that person you count on, you'll be fine. You know someone wants you for you when they've seen you at your worst and choose to be present during that time rather than scarce.

• BriRiley

I totally get it tho! I feel this!

gah this is cringey but whatever

sorry i'm so emo rn