Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP & HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
I don't mind Girl In Red, but I'm more of a
Sweater Weather fan.
Joined Feb. 2021

Hey!
I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.
I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always appreciate feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>
I mostly write little poetry things, short stories, flash fictions, and some political commentary/mockery.
Thanks!

Stories Untold

5
There are no benefits of ignoring history, yet history is constantly ignored.
Only a fraction is taught. 
Only a fraction is learned.
Only a fraction is ever understood.
Stories untold.

Minorities go beyond groups of people, dripping into success. It's evident in the past and spans over to the future. This "fundamental" mindset infiltrates every aspect of life, and it continues to go unnoticed. Those who are impacted are never given the chance to narrate their experiences.
Stories untold.

They say it's all in the name of honor. What an insufferable lie. I say it's all in the name of discrimination.
If the true force was honor, all heroes would be held at the same pedestal. There'd be no dismissal of thoughts, emotions, ideas. There'd be no unsung champions, saviors, or legends. There'd be no...
Stories untold.

It's hypocritical to deceive those that are hurting. It's hypocritical to take credit for someone else's advancements. So... why are we so hypocritical? Why are the privileged so prideful? Why do they feel the need to strip others of their history?  We know no other truth, we know no other justice. These falsehoods have been buried so deep in our society, forming our foundation, dictating our reality. This self-proclaimed honor shreds every threat.
Stories untold.

If we slip into the dangerous territory of possibility, we see what could have been: a different kind of history.
Stories untold.

rosalind franklin

• psithurism

re: Thanks! (Your piece is really powerful and fierce!)

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much!

• maria.

Whoa...this is absolutely amazing. Your emotions are evident throughout the piece and it was incredibly enjoyable to read, your message also came across incredibly clearly and was so powerful :)

• Ava Marie

This is so good!! You have talent!