Yellow Sweater

Zinnia | she/her | bi | agnostic | 18 | WA

2021-2022 Seattle Youth Poet Laureate

Elitist Atlantic Subscriber (jk, but I do think the Atlantic does some awsome journalism)

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions

I like spaceships, temples, and tea.

Some of my favorite poets and poet-adjacent-people: Federico Garcia Lorca, Ocean Vuong, Annie Dillard, Italo Calvino, Arundhati Roy, Michael Ondaatje, Becky Chambers, Pablo Neruda... The list goes on.

I am on here way too much.

My book is out next June! It feels wonderful to be able to say that with such certainty!

There are so many excellent writers on this site, but if you are new and looking for a place to start, check out: Paisley Blue, aosora, wishtree, aismic, Starlitskies, R.j.Elsewhere, amaryllis, .. ugh there are so many more....

Stagnation

10
Everything comes from the cosmos. When the moon is ripe, she falls from the sky. Suddenly somatic, I grab her soul and squeeze.

Dirt gives us nothing, just fingers and toes, arms and legs, trees and buildings, mountains and God, all digging inwards, upwards, towards the sublime.

But infinity reflects the infinitesimal change of growing dreams.The sky falls into Narcissus’s stagnant pond, turning it into a muddy puddle, mineral-rich and human. 

Wow! I love the message behind this- which I think (I may totally be wrong here so sorry) is that there is so much more than us or what we see. The universe is amazing and there's so much out there. Also, can I just say- in your bio it says useless and I really hope that's just you poking fun at yourself because you are so not useless! For one, your writing is so absolutely amazing that I really hope you someday write a novel because it's just such a pleasure to read! Whenever I try to write more fancy (like you do) it always comes out sounding like some cringy teen novel! But anyways yeah- you're just amazing and I wanted to say that even though you obviously already know :)

Ah! This is wonderful, I love the imagery! It felt like I was watching the whole thing unfold.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: thanks! the original piece mentioned self harm but it was more about breaking through pain and turning it into something to love
    im just scared of getting banned

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

this is gorgeous
    yellow I didn't know who else to go to because my friends aren't on wtw right now and I left a comment for rose but she left, I published a song earlier but they took it down so I had to REWRITE THE SONG GOD DANGIT and I had to republish it and I'm scared I'm gonna get banned because THEY TOOK DOWN MY Q AND A AND MY "Scream" PIECE
    and this isn't the first time they've taken stuff down and I'm worried but I was so proud of that song but they said it mentioned self harm and I
    I
    I don't know why I'm freaking out so much but I am
    sorry for telling you all this

re: you're so sweet, thank you so much! i'm on a lot of places! theprose.com is another website i'm more active on under @sunnyv, my instagram is @sunny.the.wordsmith, and i'm on twitter regularly talking about my recent publications as @sunnyvwrites!! i hope i can see you elsewhere!

re: Yeah her writing is incredible and I fell in love with it. I haven't read any of her books yet, only one of her essays but I want to read some of them! You should definitely check it out :)

Also I just read your bio and saw you were reading Annie Dillard! I recently read one of her essays for school ("Total Eclipse" I think it was called?) and absolutely loved it! Your writing almost reminds me of her! What are you reading by her?

I LOVE your choice of vocabulary, and the ambiguity that comes with your poems. It makes you think, and I appreciate that!

• Ellington Stone

*personification

• Ellington Stone

This is SO good!! I love the imagery and personifcation.