Nyla

15

An opposite of my piece "Her"
This is written about nobody in particular...
XD No I'm just kidding, I don't know where this came from lol
As always, please feel free to give critical feedback so I can improve because as of yet (sadly) I am no Jane Austen XD
I just fine-tuned this slightly from my previous versions!

Him

7
With hair perfectly gelled in the right position, I can’t imagine a purer formation of strength and beauty. Not even in the great canyons of the world could there be something carved more eloquently. And I know it seems crazy to say, but the little lilt of his voice always makes my day. His rosy cheeks are like tulip petals drifting in a light spring breeze and his pearly whites constantly flash in an array of pleasantries; never steering off mannerisms. I can’t seem to find anything to bring me more happiness than his smile which brightens his surroundings. He must have foundings in the soil that roots in the ground because nothing that majestic can come from anything other than earth herself.

Just like a volcano erupting, he has a fire; his determination is remarkable. After getting a mark-off on a test, he'll march right up to the teacher and demand an explanation. Or if anyone ever insults his friends, he'll punch them square in the face. Maybe one day, he'll defend me the same way.

And when he laughs- it’s light and filled with such magic, it’s unbelievably infectious. And he’s so fun and carefree with his friends. Making a joke out of himself when he bites into a greasy slice of cheese pizza that’s much too hot or runs across the road to the corner shop, just missed by a car. And the way he doesn’t let anybody change him; he’ll go to Indigo at the mall to grab some books while his friends get girls’ numbers. But he'll never speak a word against them. If you're on his good side, no harm could ever come to you. He's as loyal as a golden retriever and as protective as a mama bear over their baby cub. He seems like he doesn’t have a care in the world and yet he gets the highest grades in the class because his intelligence- it’s unbeatable.

He knows everything about everything and always forms his own opinion. Challenging the teacher to open debates and stubbornly accepting when he’s in the wrong by repeating "ok" in the cutest way. Putting up his large, soft hands defensively in front of his body, rolling his eyes at the teacher, and slumping defeated in his chair. Swinging his head low, fluffy hair stretching up to the clouds just like his goals, because he will be something. What it could be, I don’t know- he’s too special to do just anything.

His calm lovable demeanor would make him a great public figure and yet his intelligence would go wasted on anything less than an engineer or doctor, but becoming a doctor would eat away his years and take him from me.

And I can’t handle that.

I just need more time before I tell him how I feel but every time I’m about to he hits me with that smirk and gruff tired voice,
“Hey, did you like that song I recommended? Check Yes Or No by George Strait?”
And with the little lilt of his voice, I melt, 
“Yeah, it was really cool.”

With that I turn away, pushing an earbud deep in my ear, and press play on my phone, listening to the rest of the song,
"Do you love me, do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do
Well, then don't be afraid to take me by the hand"

I sigh, stupid country music.

3

• Zirong

ooo this is so beautiful and sweet! Your descriptions are so vivid and detailed that I can picture him in my mind! Yea and as a reply to your lovely piece Boring Essay(which is not boring at all!), my email address is happywritinglzr@gmail.com. Looking forward to reading the expanded version of The Teapot! <3

• astrea

This Is absolutely beautiful.
    Re: thank you so much. And I agree, library is definitely an entire world of its own! : )

• Livsnjutare

re: awww! Loki is such a cute name for a Dog!! I'm probably going to name all of my future pets after book characters. For example, if I get a white and a brown one I will name them Peeta and Katniss. lol

• Livsnjutare

This is super good!! I submitted my review! XD

• nolongeractive

Hey, some of my new pieces are out if you wanna check them out, much love!

replying: aww thank you so much,you're so kind<3
    haha i understand that a lot of readers are like that but i actually love to just slowly read one book at a time,i feel like o enjoy it more and can appreciate it...
    hmmmm that's tough...i think eliza. i remember when i read it i felt she was so inpiring and empowering yet so graceful and beautiiful

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, again, thank you thank you!! Your comments are seriously amazing! :)
    Haha, music is powerful! I love most songs too, depending on the lyrics. I’ve found that I really love BTS’ music, and I think my biggest reason is how it makes me feel; they should e such beautiful lyrics and voices and music, and their music is just so emotional.
    Um, it’s not 8 minutes, lol, or at least not the one I’ve heard. XD But let me know what you think if/when you listen to them!! And okay, that’s so cool! What kinda sports? I do Girl Scouts and Horseback riding actually!

• aaliyahh

re: bahaha thank you so much! you're so nice :)
    and OMG really??? i love writing too (as you can tell) and i adore baking. i'm actually taking this class in my school and we're about to start cooking/baking...i find it so calming in a way, also you can eat stuff; which is the best part :))

Aw I love how you've edited this! Great job!

Re: Thanks! Yeah I was kind of over all the things I'd seen (in general not just on WtW) where the Earth was screaming about how we're killing her. I wanted her to be strong but gentle.
    And heehee you're sweet too.

• nolongeractive

My new piece is out if you wanna check it out!! Much love!

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Haha I'm glad you liked it XD

• schoolofrocky

incredible