The Ravenclaw Dragon

District 5 & 13
Ravenclaw
Daughter of Athena
Nightwing
Shadow Charmer
INFJ-T
Rock Climber
Skier
Surfer
LDS
Currently Reading:
Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion

Doing a collab with Sam Rose called the Endless Prarie!

A-review-for-a-review!

The Little One

6
When I am being stepped on,
By one whose shoes are a Child's Three,
My back hurts with her lightness
More than if she weighed eight-hundred forty pounds.

It hurts to be outdone
By the little one

As she spins her web of lies,
And my truths are not heard,
I am chained to the ground,
While she flies as a savage bird. 

It hurts to be outspun
By the little one

She steals and plunders,
Never seeking more than her own wants.
She has no mercy nor empathy,
And shows it in front of my face as she taunts.

It hurts to be outshone
By the little one.

They see her through carnival-mirror-like lens,
Never seeing her for who she truly is. 
The emotional girl who can't stand listening.
They'd think she's great even hanging from chandeliers.

It hurts to be outwon
By the little one.

How can someone so frail
Have had me almost slain?
How can someone so little
Give me so much pain?

It hurts to be outdone
By the little one.
    My sister has been causing me a lot of internal agony lately. She's thinking that she's bigger and better than me, and will literally talk to my mother about me when I am in the same room. And my mother will talk back to her! And she's only eight! She has been depriving me of a lot of stuff lately, and it hurts. She also cries about every two to one weeks, and yet is said to "always be smiling". They call me emotional, but she usually cries at least four times in between each of my cries! And I have a valid excuse (hormones) but she doesn't! As you can see, this is driving me nuts.

This is something I can really relate to...I have two younger sisters, and while I love them, I've always had to endure the first one's tears and hidden drama, and the second one's mood swings. Just something older sisters kinda have to get used to, unfortunately.

This poem was lovely! The rhyming worked smoothly and perfectly, and as everyone else is saying, the formatting was amazing.
    Also, this is very relatable. My sister (nine) is SO difficult, She cries about every little thing. She's so sensitive--you could "insult" her and she would cry, or you could complement her, and she would get mad at you. And she always attacks me (literally--I have scars) for the littlest things. But I'm the one who gets in trouble for defending myself (to be fair--I have scars because I have this horrible habit of picking at scabs. But the fact that she draws blood is bad enough.)
    Ok sorry for my little rant, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Little sisters can be SUCH NUSIANCES, Ok I'll stop now :)

Wow- I love how you formatted this and showed what you were trying to say before telling it. This was so poetic and I love the rhymes! And I'm so sorry you're going through this- I feel the same with my younger siblings as well. It's a weird relationship- siblings. But I hope your sister can acknowledge your feelings soon. Also about the cry thing- so relatable, idk if you're the oldest (I am) but I know that everything always lies up to the oldest- to set the example and it really sucks sometimes. I'm always here if you want to talk <3 RE: Awww thank you so much- I'm glad you could tell what I was trying to convey!! <3

• Zirong

I really love the flow, and you express your emotions so well in this piece that someone like me who doesn’t have a sibling can feel the pain. Also, I like how the “out-verb” keeps changing and goes back to “outdone” in the end.

A lot of my friends are facing the same problem so I’ve got a rough understanding of it. Maybe you can try not to be with her as much as possible?(I know this sounds weird coz you live together, but perhaps you can try to stay in your room alone more?) Also, try to think about it positively — the pain caused by her inspired you to write such an amazing piece! Anyway, I hope it will be better when she grows up and becomes more considerate :)

• pyrrhic

i know how this feels. little siblings think they're all that, and it only gets worse when the parent(s) feed into it. it actually hurts and can do a lot of damage. "oh, but they're younger" it doesn't make it any easier to hear. i'm sorry you're going through this. from someone who understands, i hope it gets better <3