mindfruit (semi-active)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

A little busy with school and feeling under the weather currently, will try to pop in when I can!

Be sure to check out:
~Rohan's Defender (awesome writer and awesome person! should seriously consider becoming a motivational speaker)
~Anne Blackwood (my wtw mom, one of the finest poets on this site!)
~FantasyOtter12 (a daily source of laughter and good emotional feels!)

Say hi if we haven't met!
Say hi if we have met!

sea

Friendship is the anchor in this storm called life, holding us steady in the face of swells. And though you can't always see it, you can feel it, its gentle yet unwavering tug keeping you from drifting off too far.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awwww, thank you so much!! :) That means a lot to me, and thank you again so much for the review. It helped me soo much, seriously.
    Also, are you excited for BTS’ comeback music video on Friday (I believe it’s still coming out then...)? I’m looking so forward to it honestly. :D Hope you’re having a good day, bud. :)

Re: Aw thanks Connor <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yeah, it was a nice break! And I’m so glad that today’s Friday, because I need a little break now... I’m so tired, lol.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I’m kinda so scared to drive though. It’s just, I almost don’t feel old enough, if you know what I mean. Like, I’m going to be an adult in three years... *pauses to consider* Yeah, see that doesn’t feel right. But I’m sure I’ll get there eventually. Good luck with your driving journey, and let me know when you get your learner’s!
    I’ve written quite a few songs, but this is only my second full length K-Pop one (the first being Santuary that I posted on here, but since I images that to the tune of Magic Shop, I don’t really count it). Maybe I can send it to you if I don’t post it; I’d love to have some feedback.
    Yes, I agree about their performances feeling more genuine (that’s actually a perfect way to explain it). I think they did amazing to do all that at once at the Grammys; they’re all so talented.
    Wow, that’s cool! Yeah, I admire his energy and enthusiasm too. And his sense of humor, from what I’ve seen. And his rapping is great too.
    Okay, so I feel like JK was kind of my stepping stone into the BTS fan world, so to speak. When I first listened to some of their songs (at your suggestion), I ended up really liking their music but having basically no idea who was who or really anything about them. One of the first BTS songs I heard was Bot with Luv, and I ended up watching the dance practice video. I couldn’t tell them apart, but I was drawn to JK in that video. So I kept listening to their music, and I loved his part in Magic Shop too, though I didn’t know that was him at the time. Then I got the bright idea to learn one of their dances, and ended up practicing a very clumsy version of the Bot with Luv routine (definitely not anywhere comparable to their performance, lol). At that point, I practiced Jungkook’s part, and that was about the time I started being able to recognize who’s as who. Since then, I’ve just gotten to know his funny, sweet, encouraging personality even more, and he’s just so talented. All that to say, he’s just been my connection to BTS since the beginning. But I love all 7 of them so much, so it’s not easy to have a favorite. But I think it’s really cool how different they all are, and how many perspectives go into their craft. It’s inspiring to me, and I’m so glad you introduced me to the group. :)
    Okay, sorry for the very long rant (that’s me, I guess, lol).
    Awwwww, thank you so much!! :) That really means so much to me. Hey, I owe a lot of my WtW journey to you; you’ve been an amazing support and encouragement to me the whole time. Thanks for everything. :)

replying: oh thank you so much!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Ps: a huge CONGRATULATIONS on 175 followers (176 now)!!!! You deserve every last one and so many more! I’m so proud to be one of them. Keep being you, okay?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Aw, that’s great to hear! It’s always nice to have a little break to reset your schedule. My break was last week; it was good, thank you! I honestly didn’t do a whole lot, but we did get to start decorating our bedroom which was amazing (because I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time). And I wrote a BTS song over the past few days, but I’m trying to figure out if the stanzas are too long and the chorus is too short.... I don’t know. I guess I need to figure out if I need to rearrange any verses.
    Okay, yeah that makes sense. Honestly, for me, I got used to being 15 very quickly, but the driving thing... that’s a little scary. So here in KY, you can’t actually get your learner’s until you’re 16 (I don’t know why it’s so different in each state). But I’m not in a huge hurry to start driving. Do you think you’ll get yours as soon as you’re able to?
    Aww, that’s sweet, and I hope my older reviews were still helpful. But I definitely enjoyed the summit and hopefully everyone could see at least part of my face... XD
    Okay, that’s really interesting about ON. I agree that it does seem to have something to do with that; it’s a very theatrical video. Thanks for telling me your insight!
    Yeah, a dance break would’ve been cool at the Grammys, but I loved how you could tell they they weren’t all just lip-syncing. And it was really cool that they were able to move around so much while performing. But I hope they win in a future year too; they all work so hard.
    So, random BTS question: when did you decide Hobi was your bias?

• happygiggles

re- Thanks, appreciate it.

• happygiggles

this is so comforting. sheer beauty.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: hi, Connor! How are you doing?
    Aww, don’t worry about it, I understand ( though I was really glad to see you active again today.) I heard you’re on break this week; have you been enjoying the time off? Oh, and before I forget, I know your birthday’s next Saturday, so how does it feel to know you’re less than two weeks from being 15?
    Thank you so much for the feedback!! Your comments are always so encouraging and kind. And aww, thank you so much for the review; I’m super excited to read it! If you have any pieces of yours that you would like reviewed, I’d be more than happy to write one!
    Yes, the summit was awesome, and it really helped me get a more solid grasp on peer reviewing skills (it’s something I’ve struggled with a bit in the past, like how thorough to be and stuff like that). Though I think my half my face was basically just shadows during the call... XD The room was so dark, but I didn’t want to open the curtains and have the sun shining right on the screen.
    Haha, yes I still laugh thinking about that clip! XD Jin’s reaction cracks me up, and RM too... and Jimin just starts laughing hysterically. It’s hilarious to watch for sure! XD Ah, great! I’ll have to watch the one you suggested, so thank you! :)
    Ooh, that sounds really cool about your artwork! I’d love to see some of it, and I’ll keep an eye on your pfp! ;)
    Yes, Spring Day is so gorgeous in a heartbreaking way, and I think one of my favorite things about it is how you can tell that the emotion is so genuine in the lyrics, music, and voices of the guys. It’s pretty inspirational to me.
    Also, another question for you: what is the symbolism of the music video for On? It’s really unique, and I thought you might know what the video is trying to portray since you’ve said it’s one of your favorites.
    About the Grammys...Well, I’m not gonna lie, I was mad. I really loved BTS’ performance, and I think it’s incredible that they wrote Dynamite to lift people up during a really hard time. (Also, I personally don’t like Arianna Grande’s music). BTS’ reaction to not winning was a mix of really sweet and really sad, and I was upset that they didn’t win after they worked so hard to get there. But I’m just happy that they did get nominated, and I’m proud of them for how far they’ve come. Hopefully some year they’ll win. What was your opinion on it?

• sunny.solaya

definitely wanted to check out your posts, and I'm not regretting doing so. This is amazing.

• WrenBirdWrites

Wow, this is amazing. I really love the analogy, it fits beautifully and I definitely would have drifted off and gotten totally lost if not for my friends. Also, Anne Blackwood is your WtW mom?! She brought me to this place of wonder and imagination! Is she like a super hero or something? Being an amazing writer and knowing a bunch of amazing writer people! hehe you're both some of my favorite rn

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow, the summit was amazing! I’m so glad I got to see you!! There’s just something so great about seeing a friend on Zoom after being friends for a while (or almost a year, lol)! Thanks again for sharing your tips; sounds like you learned a whole lot from the CA term!

Nice pfp...stumped me with this one I don't even know where its from *shrugs*

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey! I love the new pfp; it’s so pretty! I came to say that I’m so excited for the summit tomorrow!! :D Hope you’re having a good day, bud. Hang in there!

• useless :)

wow. i love how you conveyed so much in only a few words, like Rohan's Defender said. the analogy is beautiful, too :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

beautiful. Just beautiful.

Wow! This was so beautiful!! I love this analogy so much and the whole piece is so strong! I love how you describe the fact that you can't see it but feel it- that was beautiful!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

You keep a lot of us from drifting. This is a gorgeous analogy, and the tone paints the perfect image in my head. It’s almost nostalgic too, and wow. So much encouragement in so few words. Can somebody put this into some BTS song lyrics, please?!

very nice! You keep me from drifting ^-^
    and thats a quality pfp right there lol