Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

Heyy everybody (hope you're having a great day/night) this is my first collaboration with Jacob!! We've been working for a while on this song and we really hope you like it!! If you aren't already following him PLEASE go and look at his incredible songs (they are insanely beautiful) :D.
Thanks for writing with me Jacob and lots of love to you all xo

Simon says (with Jacob Houston)

12
Simon says forget you 
And I've tried to do the same
But no matter who I’m talking to
You're always on my brain
But, even on my tip-toes
I couldn't reach your ego

Simon says scratch my head
And that's exactly what I do
Trying always to figure out 
What I really mean to you

Ari said, ‘no tears left to cry’
But to me, that is just a lie
Because I know we said ‘goodbye’
Yet, what we had, I can’t defy

Simon says to love myself, and each day I look in the mirror
But when I look through your pictures
I only feel inferior
Simon says to touch my toes and show him what he’s missing
But I can’t bend and snap back since all I’m missing is you

Simon says to start again
To try with someone new
But I’ve never been one to go with the crowd
Can’t lie - I still miss you

Simon says
So I copy him
But all this feels so wrong               
Like I’m acting a part in a play
And everyone’s following along

Ari said, ‘no tears left to cry’
But to me, that is just a lie
Because I know we said ‘goodbye’
Yet, what we had, I can’t defy

But when I look through your pictures 
I only feel inferior
But I can’t bend and snap back since all I do is you

Simon says, take it to the floor
Simon says, show him to the door 
But it’s hard loving me, when I love you even more
Simon says, that you’ve gotta learn to forget
But, so far, all I’ve learned is to regret
Forgiveness comes easy when there’s nothing left        
But there’s been chemistry 
Between you and me
Ever since we met

Ari said, ‘no tears left to cry’
But to me, that is just a lie
Because I know we said ‘goodbye’
Yet, what we had, I can’t defy

Simon says
To lose the past
You have to just let go
But I’m clinging to these memories
They’re all I’ve ever known

1

• WrenBirdWrites

I LOVE THIS

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so so much love!

• JonesyL123

oh my gosh I only just saw your author's note JOHN GREEN FAN RIGHT HERE!!

• JonesyL123

re: Thank you so much, you're so sweet!

re: haha yea we have a lot of mountains. I love the PNW cause im surrounded by them. we go to a camp in montana every other summer and the mountains are so rocky and the river is so blue and the stars at night is a glimpse into deep space it is so crazy! We saw like 12 shooting stars in a night it was so clear!
    ohhh that is such a sweet memory. it sounds absolutely perfect and sweetly "old fashioned" in an aesthetic/frozen in time sort of way. i long to just walk the streets and explore hidden places (and possibly draw them too).

• Zirong

This is...omg...definitely one of the best-written pieces I've ever read on this site...absolutely amazing. I've saved it to my notes so that I can read it again when I'm free. So proud of my talented bestie!!!

re: awww that really warms my heart <3 I miss you too! *hug* I plan to write a super long reply to your last comment, so am postponing it to next week coz exams are coming(actually I'm taking my KI and Physics papers the day after tmr *nervous*). I do hope you're doing perfectly well!

• barelybear

Re: alright, we’ll continue my (two) sonnets with an addition to the series XD
    I’m basically a mini Shakespeare. It could take a while, because to be honest, not a lot rhymes with potato (though I didn’t manage to get fantasy otter to do a “rhymes with potato” piece, so I could get some sneaky ideas there... Either that or the rhyming dictionary. Or I could just use “Chips” instead lmaoo.
    Aw I’m glad you liked it - you are a very very (if not overly) kind big sis haha.
    Yes I’m having a good week - finally the weekend!! I’ve got my drama scripted on Wednesday, but now that we’ve rehearsed a bit more, I’m feeling really excited :D
    How’s it going for you??
    Ellie <3

oh wow this is...amazing. so so beautiful and hauntingly sad. so well written

"But even on my tiptoes I couldn't reach your ego" was my favourite part btw- it was just such an amazing way to word it and rhymed so beautifully!! :)

Wow I love this so so so much!! Omg! This is beautiful- the rhyming pattern is literally the smoothest I've ever read and the ending was so powerful! The whole piece was so brilliant I'm literally speechless. If I don't hear this on the radio in a year! You repeated the parts in the perfect places and as much as they should have. I'm really not a music expert so excuse my terminology lol but this just flowed so beautifully, you told a very powerful story without overloading information and that was just amazing! RE: awww thank you so much!! And yess- I just kept thinking what I would love someone to say to me! Also no worries! Especially cause my reply is super late as well! And omg don't apologize- my writing's super dark as well- what can I say, humans love tragedy! And omg hahahaha- yesss- I love that- definitely am a vampire! And haha awwww you're soo sweet!! And thank youuu- I love Canada but my mum's side of the family actually lives in England so I go there like every or every other year! (except for COVID) and I love it so much!! It's just amazing- plus your accents are my absolute favourite! On the other hand, it does rain a lot XD And thank youu- hope you are too :))

• JonesyL123

This piece is just gorgeous! It's so relatable it almost made me cry, fabulous writing!
    re: I hadn't actually thought of continuing that piece, a murder scene is such an excellent idea, thanks for the kind words :)

• barelybear

Woahhh! Two of my favourite writers doing a collab! JH is so amazing at song writing, and you have such great flair and emotion! I love it!
    Re: haha definitely an ode to chips. I’m in such a mind blank that I’m actually considering making that as a piece of only to publish something. Yesssss we should make the guards mash with gravy (but ngl I read that as let’s mash the guards... or let’s make the guards do the monster mash lmaoo).
    Ahhh your username is the most beautiful! If I live in Paris one day, I will definitely invite you over and order you a ton of pastries. Yay! It will be magnifique!
    Hope you’re having a great day
    Ellie <3

• AstroWriter

I love this poem! Great rhyme and rhythm!!!

• nolongeractive

OMG this made me cry! Thank you so much for participating in this with me! I love you so much, and we are definitely going to have to collab in the future! xoxo