McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! I tried something really new with this piece by writing from the perspective of death (hopefully that's clear) inspired by The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Please leave any feedback you may have -- all criticism is very welcome, appreciated, and so incredibly helpful! Anyways, have a wonderful day/night :)

I didn't want to...

8
Their fingers use to intertwine
Like shoelaces, they'd bind
But soon they fell, untied
For no fault of their own
It just wasn't meant to be
Because I was forced to sneak in between
On a mission to break them piece by piece

I wish I could send them peace 
But that's not my duty 
So I had to arrive and comply
Even though I didn't want to 
This is my point of view
And to make it clear I didn't want anybody to die
It's just, that's the only thing I'm even capable of

Their glimmering eyes met for the last time
Glancing into a timeless sunset
About to become moonlight
I was there in the shadows
Trying to hold back and warn them
Of the attack nearby
But it was too late to stop the dreadful hate 

Two loud blasts
Two flashes
One thud, one scream
Used to be a team
The sun went down
Leaving its moon in absolute terror
50% only had a few minutes

I was urged to do my job
My only job, the worst on the planet
Despised by about 7.8 billion
But I had to follow through so I swept in
With my hands soaked in the blood of millions
I sucked out the life of an innocent soul, again
As 911 was dialed on a cell phone

But then there was no breath
The other half still alive, cried
Tears drenched her clothes
Like the puddle of maroon ooze
Surrounding her lifeless love
I didn't want to
I didn't want to end this

These two hearts
That use to sparkle like stars
Only now memories
Their future demolished in an instant
Two hearts that once flourished
Only now colorless petals floating down
I didn't want to end this

I didn't want this to happen
But somebody has to do it
I can't talk, I can't even apologize
Why, I don't know
I'm not a force, I'm a depressed being
Who just wants another purpose
Please, forgive me

I know, it's impossible for many
I just wanted to tell you the truth
Before I'm forced to hurt more
And I have to write this speech over and over
Until my meaning is meaningless 
Anyways, I'm sorry
This is just one sweet story, I've destroyed

To AJ and Marie,
I can't even begin to understand your hurt
But your faces, your cries, your love, your loss
Is tattooed on my mind 
And I'm eternally sorry for everything
Just know, I didn't want to
I didn't want to end you

• nolongeractive

Re: Of course!

• nolongeractive

Hey, if you are looking for some song recommendations, here are some of my favorites right now!

Dua Lipa - Boys Will Be Boys
    Noah Cyrus - Young & Sad
    Taylor Swift - Welcome To New York
    Noah Cyrus - July
    Noah Cyrus - I Got So High That I Saw Jesus
    PJ Harding, Noah Cyrus - Dear August
    Ariana Grande - obvious
    Jimmie Allen, Noah Cyrus - This Is Us
    Lorde - 400 Lux
    Lady Gaga - Alejandro
    Tate McRae - rubberband

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: No prob thanks for commenting :) And for the support, I'm glad someone appreciates my writing and your encouragement means a lot to me <3

• nolongeractive

Re: Of course!! And I am obsessed with it!

• nolongeractive

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are so nice!! Also, yes I love Alicia's new album, thank you so much for the recommendation. And, of course! And if you want more Noah, definitely listen to Young & Sad, which is my favorite at the moment! Love ya!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Yes it is ugh :/ Thank you that means so much to me right now :) Any suggestions/tips? No one knows I write but I'm thinking about showing some close friends this piece and tell them I actually like to write, I don't just do it for English grades :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you!!! And oh my gosh, I'm so sorry :( I have used this actually XD My brother hates when I snap at the people staring so I try to ignore it but it's pretty hard XD I will definitely use this in the near future though...and no problem love it! I'm so glad the point came across though and same! I know it's damaging but it's just...qoejfbhofa XD

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG THANKS SO MUCH, and Shawn Mendes is so hot and I love Alicia. I really like No One and Underdog, and yes Noah is amazing! If you are looking for Noah Cyrus, her songs 'Young & Sad' and 'Lonely' and 'Dear August' and July so pretty!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much hahaha I was just checking!! Also, my favorite singer of all time is Taylor Swift and I also love Ariana Grande, but for my music, I really want everyone to kind a kind of Noah Cyrus sound vibe (who I also love) - like simple, powerful yet dramatic ballad songs; I don't know if you every heard any Noah Cyrus, but she really inspires me; and so does Taylor Swift!

• nolongeractive

Re: Oh, I actually don't know what you're talking about lol. I like swear on my life that I have never heard my future ever lolol, so I do not know what lyrics you're talking about and I heard Therefore I Am once and never listened again, lol so I never really stole any lyrics from her lol.

• nolongeractive

Re: Hey, thank you! Wait sorry I was kinda confused by your comment, and sorry if this comes off as rude but what did you say earlier or what did I say I forget haha

Wow! This was really amazing- I love how human you made Death and ooh- I love the Book Theif!! This was an amazing description, "Only now colorless petals floating down" And this in the beginning "But soon they fell, untied" just so poetic! Amazing!! RE: Thank you again! And hahah loll- I'm glad you enjoy conversing with me so much! XD Hahah, no worries about replying so fast! I always take so long! And ooh nice, as soon as I finish the book I'm reading I definitely will! And whatttt? The Hunger Games was awesome!! You definitely have to read it- it's just a really nice fictional break from other books- kind of like a cheat day, it's a "cheat book" lol and yes you definitely should! It's helped elevate my writing a ton and it's literally life-changing I love it so much! And yes- we were supposed to read it for English (it got cut cause of our weird school system change for COVID) so I decided to read it by myself and it's written in a really unique way so far which I really like! It's a bit arty farty tho lol! And omg Mac is such a cute name for a golden retriever! And yes haha- I definitely will! And ooh those are such cute names!! Wow Callie is sooo adorable! And aww same here, thank you! Ok, what's your favourite movie?

Wow.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: aw np

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: ohhhhhhh okay wow okay that scared me, I thought this was an irl story XD XD XD

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: aww np
    also this piece... I'm not an English teacher so I can't spot the tiniest details...are you okay?
    seriously, you can talk, please comment. <3

• books4life

re: thank you so much!! :) this piece is so good and so beautifully written! very deep and the rhythm of it all made it an absolutely stunning piece.

• •TheVictoriousOne•

Oh my- this was literally an emotional rollercoaster!