McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! Just something short and sweet! I’m really happy that I was able to meet the 280 character maximum since mine is 277, including spaces, yay! Also, for anyone who has seen the show Friends out there, I hope you notice that I tried to reference it by adding “talking in a cafe” since they sit and chat at Central Perk a lot! Anyways, feel free to leave any feedback in the comments you might have -- all criticism is always welcome, very much appreciated, and super helpful! Have an amazing day/night :)

The Journey of Friendship

Friendship is...
When some stranger
Took time to enter your life
Just to get to know you 
But they loved your personality and laugh
Making them come back
​​Now, they're attached
You weren't just strangers
No, you were people who spent days
Talking in a cafe
Until finally 
You became family 

• Minvra

I would say in their eyes, you took the time to enter their life. Huh. It's kinda confusing concept when you try to turn perspective like that.
    I think this is a sweet piece. So simple but powerful. I like how you use second person, it makes it more personal because you don't feel entirely like a spectator like you do in third person.

I love how you show the closeness between friends in this piece. It really shows the closest bond of friendship one can have...when you feel like you're family.

Re: Thank you!!

• solarflair

i like the last line :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank youuuu!

Wow! This is just absolutely amazing! I love the formatting and how this is so deep but it's so positive! And the ending is just awww so sweet and trueee!! And I love how you specifically said "personality and laugh" because that truly is it! I re-red this quite a few times because it's just so beautiful! RE: Omg awwww thank you so so much!! I'm so glad you liked it!! But loll, now I can never marry anyone but a poet- cause I have too high expectations! XD And awwww omg stoppp! You're so absolutely sweet! And same here- your comments are literally the best thing ever!!! I have this uncontrollable urge to smile my face off every time I read them! You're just so unbelievably sweet and of course, I love your writing- it's amazing (excuse me one second while I follow you cause it seems like I forgot to) btw, this is the best piece (in my opinion) that you've ever written! And awwww omg!! Labradoodles are the absolute cutest!! Omg!! And haha yeah- I hope so too- my parents always say I can have one when I have my own house- so I guess that's something to look forward to lol

• halle_cj

this is so true and a beautiful sentiment!
    Re: aww ty :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Omg thank you so much, you are the best and so kind! I will def continue to read and comment on your pieces, they are so amazing and you are so inspirational for me!

• barelybear

This is amazing! I think the ending is definitely my favourite bit - the storyline builds so perfectly up to it and describes the best friendship :D

• nolongeractive

This is so so so so so pretty! The title and the message are both so powerful; this could easily be a song too! I really love the simplicity of it and I am obsessed to how deep every line is; in addition, I love how this piece tells such an incredible story whilst teaching and unforgettable lesson! You are so amazing, I cannot wait to see what comes next for you!