nolongeractive

Love you all!

hidden figures of december

24
Growing with the time
Paved below every street
Ending all my friends
Lie to make amends
In a country’s cage, hidden as free

What does it take to change?
Can you win by ignoring defeat?
Another year will come and go
Secrets buried in winter snow
One day you’ll truly know
The Hidden Figures in December

Will I ever be the same?
Will I paint my truth in lies?
A mask you won’t adore
Shields an innocent gore
New season, same disguise

Will I ever be the same?
Will I paint my truth in lies?
A mask you won’t adore
Shields an innocent gore
New season, same disguise

Dead before I’m gone
Some turn right and I turn wrong
Feeling alone and strange
With the years, I never change
Fallen before the dawn

Swallowed by the sun
Swallowed by the sun
Follow, as you prefer the day
The moon shines just as bright
You ignore; sleep on the night
The Dark’s inhabited
You just can’t see
The Hidden Figures every December

Do you need a license to drive yourself insane?
How many pieces add up to peace?
With eleven steps, it takes twelve to grow
And, the more years, the more I show

The Hidden Figures 
My Hidden Figures of December
Here is my new song and I hope you all love it; so basically, my birthday is in December and this song is basically about how, the older I get, the more of my secrets and truth I share with the world; the more I start to embrace myself and my 'hidden figures.'

• THAT ONE ANIME SIMP

I love this so much

• Ellington Stone

Re: Thanks for your compliments!! imy too :)

• Ellington Stone

I love the message behind this!! The ¨Do you need a license to drive yourself insane?" made me laugh.

• Blue Jay

I like this song! It's very true to word, and it's a very good way of saying it. I agree, the older I get, the more I share about myself to the world.
    re: Thank you, your too nice :)

• ~wildflower~

Re: and thank you so much for your comment!! It really means a lot coming from a brilliant writer like you.

• ~wildflower~

Oh my gosh, this is just amazing!!! You managed to strike the perfect balance between clarity and vagueness, which is something I don’t see all that often (If what I’m saying makes no sense, just know that I love this song!). It’s absolutely beautifully written and the rhymes and flow seem effortless. And I love how you’ve used contrast to portray emotion, particularly in these lines:
    “Can you win by ignoring defeat?”
    “ Some turn right and I turn wrong”
    So many of your lines are so profound! You are so talented and I’m so glad I came across your page!

• HeyThereRose

Re: omg thank u sm for your nice comment, it made my day (:
    Also love this new song! You are such a talented song writer

• Noah_1

re: Sorry I'm late, but yeah, a collab sounds fun haha! I'm down for it! Also nice piece btw :)

• Mespotz

RE: Hmm... Getaway Car is my all-time favorite, and then my current favorites are cardigan, willow, tis the 'season(I censored that), my tears ricochet and This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. And then in the middle, I have You Belong With Me, I Knew You Were Trouble, Gorgeous, LWYMMD, The Man, You Need to Calm Down, ME!, Blank Space, Love Story(I love love story lol) and Shake it Off. Those are just a few of my favorite songs as a Swiftie haha I listen to too much!

• Harper Stone

"Do you need a license to drive yourself insane" is an immaculate piece of writing. The reality of how blunt that statement is brings such honesty to your whole piece. It's beautifully tragic. Also thank you for commenting on "To be a Teen". I really valued your comment and find it really inspiring. Wonderful work.

• aaliyahh

re: thank you! that means so much to me

• Remaking_The_World

Re: Thank you very much!
    This piece is amazing! I love the symbolism and structure!

• Huba Huba

HOLY COW your piece is so good. I love the part that goes, "do you need a license to drive yourself insane?" I'm interested, do you have a place where you post your songs in audio?
    and thank you for your comment on my poem!

• ~rain~

chapter 2 of "give us back our world" is out!!

I like how well you do the rhyming in this piece. It's a really good song; I can almost hear the tune in my head.

• The Inky Writer

This is a really great piece :)

• doodleninja

re: aw thanks so much! :)

• Love, Rose

Re: thank you so much
    this is stunning btw

• Livsnjutare

This song is wonderful!! I love the meaning behind it! Amazing job!
    re: Thank you!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, thank you so much! And I’m glad to hear you’re well! :) Have a great day!

• bhumi

amazing song I totally hear you! re: thanks! that is a great idea actually!

• Khushboo Iqbal

Really very amazing and in-depth heart-touching song! Gonna follow you forever for your every valuable piece of content...

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow, this is written so well! It’s a little sad and mysterious, but there’s so much depth and beautiful imagery. Great job with this piece!
    Re: aw, I’m well, thank you! How’re you?

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

re - Thank you.

• AnnaTypeWriter

Re: Thank you for your comment! It's nice seeing someone appreciate your work, especially when it comes from someone who clearly has talent themselves :)

• ect.13

Mine too :) I really feel your message here: the older I get, the more 'me' I feel. Well done, great work!

Re: thank you so much for your comment :)

Re: Thank you.
    I wouldn't mind if you apologized for threatening me previously; I didn't appreciate that.

• •TheVictoriousOne•

OOOOO THANKS FOR COMMENTING UNDER MY POST AND SORRY IM LATE ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TIMEZONES HERE BAHAHAHAHHAA. ANYWAYSSSS, LIKE I SAID YOUR PIECES ARE MAGNIFICENT, LITERALLLYYYY! THE WAY YOU HIDE SO MANY DETAILS IN YOUR WORK YET YOU ALWAYS KEEP YOUR READERS GUESSING IS SO GOODDDD

thank you for letting me know this was published!! amazing job! "the more steps the more i grow" really hit hard.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: I appreciate you telling me, it’s truly hard to tell ppl :) And yeah, thanks :) What did you like most? (Glad to see your starting to make meaningful comments again!)

• gabimarie

re: ahhhh thank you so much!!! that's not true at all, but thank you for supporting me and my work! have an amazing day :)

Re: Thank you!

• ria.x

this is rly cool! i'm curious to know the melody XD

• Spade

This is great!