anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

4.8.21: still feeling these sentiments
FEARLESS (TAYLOR'S VERSION) PEOPLE PEOPLE THIS IS A BIG DEAL THIS IS AHHHHHHH
do you?
sometimes i do.

do you?

16

what’s it like, 
to be you?

do you fall asleep with your eyes wide open?
so you can see what your dreams are made of?
or is it so you know what your nightmares mean?

do you wish you were funnier,
kinder,
quieter,
smarter, 
louder,
more confident?
do you toss your hair over your shoulder and forget to keep your heart in your chest or on your sleeve?

do you long for thunder and lightning to shake your world
and break the monotony of average?
do you yearn for tornadoes to sweep through your microcosm of Western civilization
and disrupt its meticulously messy patterns?
do you believe me
when i say that lachesism strikes me, too?

do you wonder
what it’s like to be me?

do you know that I try to dream with my eyes wide open
that I sing off key every waking moment
that I harbor foolish wishes 
and cling to far-flung hopes?

sometimes
even I don’t know
what it’s like to be me.

some truth, some fiction, some illusion where those lines are blurred. sometimes fiction is truth. 

• April 9, 2021 - 12:20am (Now Viewing)

• BizzleWrites

I love this!!! It's, like, AMAZING.
    Re: Thankyou? That's probably what I was going for with my piece :).

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much! :)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I love this! I always wonder what it would be like to be someone else for a day

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Thanks so much! And it is definitely on the side and style of accoustic! Similar to like Noah Cyrus or like Billie Eilish!

• BriRiley

Re: Haha, it’s fun

• (sk)eyesofocher

this is perfect.
    re: hahaha! Well thank you very much^^
    Yes actually, I was LindytheRavenclaw for a long, long while and then took a long hiatus and became (sk)eyesofocher.
    AWWW YISSS IM AESTHETIC FINALLYYYYY
    also cult of the crunch (cotc) is a cult I created dedicated to croutons, marshmallows, glow sticks, poetry and the occasional cup of coffee. I actually just posted our first thing! Would you like to join?

• Ava Marie

Okay, this is so good!! That second stanza about the dreams was so perfect, and beautiful. These words don’t even begin to express how much I enjoyed this!

• Ren(hiatus)

Ok this is just so beautiful! I'm in awe, I cant admit how much I love this. I-I just dont have words to describe how amazed I am

• lochnessie

re: haha thank you! i hope you manage to escape at some point lol :)
    honestly you're right, hope is the greatest challenge - religious or not, from all different walks of life and experiences, hope is the constant.

Oh my I love this! I was intrigued from the very beginning! "do you long for thunder and lightning to shake your world"- yes I do!! "break the monotony of average" yess! and the ending was just powerful- I loved this! RE: Awwwww thank you!! And awww, I’m so glad! :))

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH

Also, this piece is simply stunning and I cannot get over how excellent and emotional it is; I am so obsessed and inspired by your writing; it is insane and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!

• rosi willard

thor is an absolute b a b y

if you liked him then, you'll like him even more now: 0.o

• rosi willard

• Yellow Sweater

Re: sorry it has taken me a while to respond. I haven't read the Elegance of a Hedgehog! I'll have to check it out! Also, I am so glad that even though we have different perspectives, you still find my writing beautiful. I'm embarrassed to say that I am just coming to realize that I don't have to agree with something to appreciate it. And honestly, I actually think religion has been what has helped me to understand that. I don't believe in the Christian God, but I find the Christian faith absolutely, earth-shatteringly beautiful, so beautiful that the religion itself has come to embody God in my mind. Which is, of course, what the poem is partially about.

• AJ - Izzy

the flow, the painted picture, the woooords... I love every bit of this. I understand blurred lines, your footnotes hit pretty hard ngl. I do wonder, and I hope you're doing well :)