snowywolfa

15
sophomore, hs
Dog/duck/guinea pig momma

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! thank you if you review this (:

Forest green, fire red *Content/Trigger Warning* (CW/TW)

Twins, born with a bond that stands the test of time. They shared deep forest green eyes and sandy brown freckles. Their hair was undoubtedly jet black, yet evidently brown. Seventeen years later, their family's past comes back to haunt them.

We sat in the deafening silence as the icy midnight air surrounded us. Her hand was still grasped on the car door handle, neither closing nor fully opening the door. Her eyes fell flat on the floor, her breathing was still heavy. I wanted more than anything to ask her what had happened. I wanted to ask about the cuts on her knee or the red marks left on her cheek. I wanted to ask how the best night of her life ended in her mascara running, but more than anything, I wanted to ask if she was okay even though I knew she wasn't. I had an endless list of questions, but I knew they were better off left unanswered. 

A stream of wind flooded the car from the small opening I had made with the door. It was cold, my body was cold, but I felt everything but the cold. I felt the stinging from my cheeks. I felt the throbbing from my knee. I felt the aching from crying too much. My eyes glued themselves to the floor. Beside me was Levi who was patiently waiting for me to speak. I wanted to tell him everything so that he could tell me everything would be okay, but I didn't know how to. The alley, the blood, the cars, the pictures, everything was replaying in my mind on repeat, and more than anything, I needed my twin. I tried again and again to start the conversation, but with each attempt, my lips betrayed me. Instead, my hand squeezed the door handle harder until my hand turned red.

My eyes were focused on the steering wheel in front of me, but a subtle movement catches my eye. Lucy clenched onto the door handle as if she was trying to ground herself. I turn to see her eyes glistening in the midnight moonlight. I couldn't take it any longer. My hand taps her shoulder, she turns to face me, not me directly, but she turns to stare in my general direction. On instinct, my arms wrap around her, and she buries herself into my chest. She lets go of the door and hugs me back. Her eyes overflow with tears as she sobs away in the night. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder; it was gentle, careful even, but even that slight touch, sent my fears running. If it was even possible, I gripped the handle with all I had, taking deep, irregular breaths. I knew I wasn't in danger, but at the same time, fear had become my default reaction to everything. I turn to look at Levi and was met with a warm hug. My hand releases itself from the door handle, and I felt the tears flow. One, two, four, endless drops of salty tears fell from my eyes. My arms wrap themselves around him, and we stayed like this for what felt like hours. 

When the tears finally stopped, I pulled myself up from the now uncomfortable hug. I take a deep breath, in, out. 

Lucy pulled herself back into her initial position. Her shoulders bounce up and down slightly. She exhales, letting out an extended sigh. 

Dialogue: 

"Lu, everything is going to be okay. Please, I hate seeing you like this. Please tell me what happened."

"I-I don't really know. One moment we're at the fair, and another we're sitting with his dad drinking tea."

"Bryce's dad... I think he's mom's ex. He said that they used to be married, but that can't be true, right? Mom and dad have been together since they were sixteen, it just doesn't make sense." 

"Did he do this to you? Why didn't Bryce stop him? Lu, please tell me he didn't do this to you."

"He kept saying things like 'I used to love your mother.' and 'You look just like her.'" 

*Lucy looks at Levi directly for the first time that night*

"Levi, he said mom killed their first child."

Text:
I knew that she was avoiding the question, but at that moment, I couldn't even think about that. My head was spinning, my heart was thumping, nothing made sense anymore.

I look at the clock. "2:46" We've been sitting in our car in the driveway of our home for three hours now. I no longer felt the excruciating pain from my cuts and bruises. I only pain I felt was in my heart. Levi was getting suspicious of Bryce, and he had every right to. He played me, I thought he loved me, but he played me. He knew what his father was like, and he still brought me there anyways. He knew the history between our parents and didn't even think to tell me. He says he loves me, but it was all a lie. Tears start to resurface, but I bite my bottom lip, hard. I tasted blood. I let out a loud scream. 

I am done. I am tired. I just want the pain to go away. Despite my efforts to stop them, the tears still fell.

Lucy let out a scream and my attention is focused once again. She looked absolutely vunerable. Even before, she was still holding on, but now, the fire in her eyes is gone. The only light that can be seen is the reflected moonlight in her tears. Her pain destroys me. With one look, I knew that she had lost herself, she questioned everything, but by losing herself, I lost a piece of myself. We were lost together, but apart.
I didn't know if this would be triggering so I just put the CW and TW because better safe than sorry????

I wrote this based on the plot of a short story I am working on, but it's still very underdeveloped. It was long so thank you for reading!

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Oh my gosh! Their names are soo cute! I especially love your chickens names, they are simply adorable!
    P.s. This piece is great too, i love the two different perspectives.

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me.
    Yes, they are so lovely. What are your pet's names?