Livinonlovenfreshair

South Africa

Hi there! I'm Laila, 19, from South Africa. I'm passionate about reading and writing. I especially enjoy writing descriptive essays. Account deactivated, follow my Instagram for more @ts20488

The written word has more power than a million soldiers with the worst weapons. Keep on writing, you never know whose life you'll change.

Nostalgia Train

PROMPT: Mixtape

7
1. Into You-Ariana Grande
2. Maybe Tomorrow-Stereophonics
3. Closer-The Chainsmokers
4. Middle-Dj Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine
5. Cake By The Ocean-DNCE
6. I Can't Feel My Face-The Weeknd
7. If You're In Need of Love-Con Funk Shun
8. Such a Mess-Ryki
9. Thrift Shop-Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz
10. Jealous-Nick Jonas
11. Should've Been Us-Tori Kelly
12. Sledgehammer-Fifth Harmony
At ease and blissfully happy is how I feel until one of these songs comes onto the radio. My peaceful state of the mind immediately changes to anguish. My heart beats erratically and adrenaline fills my blood. My once deep and even breathing is now shallow and strained.
Memories of every time that I heard the song that is playing flood my thoughts. Some songs have joyful memories associated with them, others sorrowful memories, but every song brings with it a wave of sadness. A sadness caused by the longing to go back to that time, but the inability to do so. Oh, how bittersweet nostalgia is, giving me sweet memories, but bitter emotions. Oh, how powerful music is, giving my brain the ability to remember a time long passed so clearly.