mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

split second

7

at the helm of a ship
she stood with the sun 
exploding behind her back;
her thin veined hand rose
to her trembling mouth;
and so the world ended--
the trees and the ocean and the stars
collapsed into themselves, into the woman,
leaving only the fragments of sun
suspended in the ashen sky;
everything is over in that split second,
nothing ever happened at all in that split second;
only the wind lives to tell the tale
again and again,
beating against the side of the ship
stranded on the ocean floor;

• pyrrhic

re: ahh, yeah i get that... i'm sorry you haven't been able to write, i hope you get that back! your writing is just so beautiful. i'm alright, just got back from a long vacation so i'm really tired, but it was fun!
    thank you for all your kind words! especially on my new username lol.. it had been bugging me for a while so it's pretty refreshing, y'know?

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh no, that’s always so annoying. i’m sorry; i hope you can write soon. i’m feeling the same. it’s all just... happening. life.

• Avril

Oh my goodness this is beautiful. This imagery in this is incredible and I love the gentle rhythm in it.
    "She stood with the sun/exploding behind her back" - this is GORGEOUS!!

• nolongeractive

This is so gorgeous; you have unexplainable talent. I cannot wait to see what else you write!

(this message was written on March 14th, i just didn't have time to post it ;P)
    wait i DO have time to reply now :D
    re: ikkkk it's been so long!! COVID has overstayed its welcome. it needs to leave us alone. yucky. i honestly can't believe that it has been an entire year!!
    ahh im glad you think ellis fisher fits me!! i can't ever decide whether i like the name ellis or elliot better. like. i feel like ellis is more unique but elliot is more... me? idk. either way, they're awesome :) i'll probably use one of the two as a pen name in the future. and i LOVE the name em wilder!! it fits you so well :) but i get how it loses it's glimmer after a while -- the same thing happened with p.b. i do think that e.w. has a certain feeling with it that just... it reminds me of a classic, an old book with slightly yellowed pages and a hardcover that is worn and soft around the edges. it just feels like that, you know?
    oh speaking of the name em, i didn't tell you but when i was (and still am sorta) considering characters for a *possible* graphic novel, i used how i imagine you and named the character em :) so that's my little tribute to you <3 if i ever do write the graphic novel, you'll know it's for you!
    ohhh i absolutely love the rain!! there's something about it that just seems like an excuse to write all day and not feel bad about not getting anything else done ;)
    gAH that sentence about getting up at dawn with a thermos and the ocean just...... ahhhhh...... i wish i could do that, too!! i feel like there's so much i wish i could do, like, someday when i live on my own and don't have to worry about what anyone in my family thinks...? like, i'll go on super long walks with my notebook and just sit in the woods for hours writing, or i'll wake up early to watch the sunrise or i'll fill the bird feeders and just watch the little sparrows and finches and chickadees come and go.... gosh i sound like an old retired person but it feels so beautiful in my mind! i wish i was already there.
    we made pie for pi day too!! i made a grasshopper pie (because my extended family was doing a little early st. patricks day as well) and we ate shepherd's pie for lunch (which was AMAZING) and then my mom made a cherry pie with a pi symbol on the top and our friend brought over a key lime pie. all the pieeeee :D and then my sister made cookies.
    i love pie, it's definitely one of my favorites. hmmm idk if i could choose a favorite dessert!! i could pick a favorite pie, and a favorite cake, and probably a favorite ice cream, but idk if i could choose one that is the ultimate best!! although.... it might have to be brownies. brownies are special. i love them so much. especially when you get an end piece that's just PERFECT with a soft middle but the edge part is a little chewier and then you put vanilla ice cream on top........
    okay now i want a brownie. I BLAME YOU MIR ;)
    i've seriously got to go to bed now, so goodbye!! <3 <3 <3 -blue

ohhhhhhhh my gosh mirrrrrrrr
    they've said it already but DANG this made me take a deep, sharp inhale. wow. this is so vivid and idk if it was MEANT to be a metaphor but it felt like one sorta kinda and... wowwowwow

i need to go to bed haha but i'll reply to your other comment next sunday if that's okay :) love you mir!!! <3 <3 <3

• rwong

woah. dang mir ik everyone else said this but your imagery is out of this world amazing, like you paint a picture with your words and your signature semicolons ;D
    oh and re: its pretty strange but i've never actually spent a fall in canada cause apparently its too cold but i was born there so i lived there for a few months, and i've seen baby pictures of me in the leaves (and also of my cousins who currently live there) and it looks like so much fun so yea thats basically where i drew inspiration from for that :)

• pyrrhic

ugh mir you should teach a writing class. specifically on imagery. you just write it so well, so... eloquently. it’s beautiful. and how you tell a whole story in such few words is beyond me and my talent. UGH. awestruck once again

• ArtisticCatbird2020

What a plot twist! I love the imagery, especially when you describe what's leftover after this "split second."

• crystalline•galaxies

such a vivid image is painted here. i felt emotional while reading this, as if i was really there. absolutely gorgeous.

• girly_nerd123

whoaa i really like this! your imagery is really creative and vivid, in the way that the reader never really knows what's going to happen (which is totally the message and i get it and it's great). i really like how you ended with a semicolon, as if there's more to say but the second is over and i amazing and wow. your words flow together really nicely and i'm super in awe. good job, wow :O