sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Dear- who now? | beth.r's prompt

5
Dear God,

You know I'll just straight up say it: I don't believe in you. 
Why am I writing this letter then? I don't know. Maybe because I've been thinking about you a lot lately. My mom's side calls you Allah. My dad's side calls you God. I'm not super close with my dad or his family, so maybe I'll just--

Dear Allah, 

Okay, that's probably better. 
Right, so, I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and I'm starting to wonder. If you exist, then what the hell, man? I mean what on earth could we possibly be learning from this year? That us Gen Z kids are right and humanity is terrible? Because that's what I'm getting. 
And if you exist, then why do you do everything that you do? Why did you make the world such a terrifying place? Why are people so hurtful, why is the world so divided, why are any of us even here
I don't know. I've never really felt close to you, Allah, even though I probably should. The only religion that I've actually dedicated myself to and spend time on is Greco-Roman mythology. 
Actually, maybe--

Dear Olympians,

Yeah... no. I can't even take you guys seriously. But while I'm here: Artemis, I love you, and Zeus, JUST CHILL OUT MAN.  

Dear higher power, 

I'll probably never believe in you, whoever you are. Too much has happened for me to suddenly be devoted to a religion. So I'll just say thank you for inspiring so many people, but I'm good to go with just myself. 

See ya, 
Fi

IF I SEEM DISRESPECTFUL, I'M SORRY, AND PLEASE LMK. I'M JUST AN ATHEIST WHO DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING.a
og piece: A Letter To God *prompt in footnotes* by beth.r 

Lol this is really funny! As someone who believes in God, I can tell you I didn't find this disrespectful at all. You're just asking questions that everyone asks.
    And also, the Greek gods part--so funny and oof too true.

Haha, I love the way you wrote this! The Olympian part was pretty hilarious! I don't think it's disrespectful, I think everyone grapples with this question. But just think, if God didn't let us make our own choices (aka, causing this pandemic to occur) then we would just be puppets on a string. And sometimes, he works in mysterious ways. Think of all the problems in our society that have come to the surface because of COVID!
    RE: Awww thank youuu, you’re so sweet!! And haha definitely- although don’t expect anything, I don’t even know when I get to see him next!

Re: Haha tysm it just kinda turned out poetic lol