Paisley Blue

she/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

i told the stars about you

there's a piece that has been in my portfolio for at least 3 weeks now and i keep telling myself i'll post it next week.

(i don't)

reflected in stagnant waters

15

i. efforts of a nobody

i draw shapes in the air;
    painting in with strokes my existence, as if to say,
look! here i am!,
    as if without shouting into the chaos, i too
will simply be forgotten, even
    where i stand among the mist.

ii. for the mindless

clocks ticking, telling the time to those
    like me, waiting for their life to arrive
        (the next train is bound to carry something new)
don't pay them any attention, a voice seems to
    whisper, inside my mind.
there's so much more outside the realm of Time-

yet i can't help but do as taught, and
    let myself be carried away by the passing minute-

iii. temporary

rain collects along the tree branches
    brimming and spilling over into heavy drops
just as fast as they can fall.
    it leaves streaks of wet, dark brown
along the tree bark and
    streaks of wet, soft water
along my face.

the gentle splashing hum is the only sound
    (save for thunder rolling in the distance)
and everywhere it touches it leaves a small mark;
    which dries as if it was never there at all.

iv. the departure of winter

as the snow melts into spring;
as the flocks of silhouetted v's return;
as light shines anew onto the rooftops;

even as spring opens her fair eyes to the waiting world;
i keep winter in my thoughts.

i have not left you behind for long,
my friend.

v. glow-in-the-dark stars

night falls. 
everywhere, the dusk seeps in,
through the cracks in the curtains and
the gaps under the doors. it fills the air
with the smell of rain,
the smell of dirt.

night falls. 
it falls alone, without a word,
without a warning or a hand to guide,
and in it is the absence of
the used-to-be's, rather it holds
the what-now's. 

night falls.

fourth week of lent
part i - 3.9.21
part ii - 3.7.21
part iii - 3.10.21
part iv - 3.11.21
part v - 3.10.21

Re: Oops I meant to say "she wanted to give me a nickname". Lol yay I think I kinda am.

Re: Thank you! I'm confused but somewhat reassured by him. /grateful /conflicted
    So CD Wilson, back when he was the_enclave once described a bunch of WtWers in weird ways, and mine was "the embodiment of blueberry cotton candy". Fast forward to Eden and I becoming better friends and you wanted to give me a nickname because she likes nicknaming people so I was giving her a bunch of inspiration for one and she decided on Blue.

replying: aww thank you so so much for everything<3

I didn't read all of Mirkat's comment but I noticed she called you Blue, which makes sense, but it's kind of humorous to me because Eden (Rohan's Defender) calls me Blue.

• rwong

i swear, ell, i keep promising myself i'll read this and then i get caught up with something else, and when i finally do come back its like...how did i ever miss this?? like ughhhhh but the emotion and this is just gorgeous and the imagery and asjdlf;kl basically i'm speechless if you cant tell cause im sure this comment makes no sense at all whatsoever
    and the most late re: in the world -- ok seriously i love how you named your typewriter that is so cool!!! like so so so so so cool anyway anyway how are you? oh wait im a day early ok see you tomorrow and say hi to Jo for meeee :) sending love <3 <3

Ooh how did I miss this piece? It's such a beautiful, immersive journey that makes me think.

Re: Yay!! I'm so glad they were helpful. /giddy

re: hi love!! glad to hear from my fav wtw lil sibling after so long omg how've you been?? i'm the same as the last time we spoke LOL still submitting to lit mags, still busy with school. and the formal goodbye :(( i'm sad too but! i don't think it'll hurt anyone too much haha. love you!! <3

• beth r.

the "for the mindless" section is awesome. i mean, it's all breathtaking. in that specific section, i love the use of parentheses and italicization. the overall formatting is delicate and pretty. great work <3

• Karma’s_Coming

heyooo, a new part is out in the R&C Series, if you want to check it out. Have a lovely day! <3

re: yeah, em wilder embossed on an old leather book cracked with age... only in my dreams ;) ha, i can imagine ellis/elliot fisher too. someday, blue! oh and your graphic novel! yes, i remember you telling me about it... with water gods and all but tell me again? how is it going? are you going to do drawings too or just the writing part? and that's so sweet, blue, the em thing. what's that character like? yes, god, i want to do so many things when my family doesn't live with me... um go on walks in the woods all alone and write like exactly what you said lol and yes sunrise! also like eat ice cream all day ha. yes, lets be old people together! and that's the thing, like you said i wish i was already there and same with me and i feel like half my life is wishing for things to happen. like i don't do anything but imagine things. it's beautiful and pathetic at the same time. ... waiting for someday to be today lol. oooooh you made pie too! fancy that! (okay i say fancy that all the time by myself but never speak like that so welcome to the inner mir im so weird) ha, yeah we have mostly gotten thru all the pie already because wwll my dad and i brought one to share at school outside and all of course. ah, yes, brownies! like fudgy and flaky on top ha with ice cream yeah. i think well i always have this super rich chocolate cake layered with cream cheese frosting on my birthday and thats my fav cake ever. but good old vanilla ice cream thats rich and silky is the best too. i have such a sweet tooth. okay okay blah so basically all the kida in my grade ast my school are applying to private schools and all and they find out on friday if they got in right (dubbed "decision day") and so everyone is stressed out and all. i applied to one school because my local school is iffy but it looks like im just goin to the local one but i might get an interditrcit transfer right to two ddistricts over but kinda unlikley and then im on a lottery waiting list for another high school in my district and gosh this seems so trivial but everyonewill know where they are going next week and i proabably wont know till late summer and so thats not fun. kinda like fomo i guess but i;'m not exactly missing out. anyway so thats happening. um doing fine same old. love hearing for you and cant wait for sunday!!!! you are more than half way through! on sunday there's only one more week. XD lots of love, mir.
    <3<3<3

• alwayswriting

Re: thank you for your kind comment on my poem! Sadly it was my own experience, but I am dealing with it, and writing about it helps me a lot :)

• Busssy.Beee

ohhhhhh myyyy!! ahhhh!! i have simple fallen in love with this collection because gosh! everything. is. just. so. perfect. ah!
    your diction and delicacy is just purely indescribable. all these parts carry a sort of longing, a feel of grief, or a emotion i can't necessary grasp on just yet. goodness, this is so lovely!! <3 <3 <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: well, they're very beautiful! and that's such a cool idea. i'm enjoying reading them so far for sure. i'm doing alright. what about you?

• ArtisticCatbird2020

I love how everything is connected. Within and throughout all five parts, there's some invisible string of thought linking every word, adding another layer of beauty to your work.

yes yes yes, like tuffy said! a beautiful, lilting song. it's like reading your stream of consciousness... thoughts flow to other thoughts and it doesn't matter if they are related or not but in a way everything is related and it's just this wonder-ful circle. one day, blue, you will start to draw on paper, not just in the air. (i don't know why i said that, it's super poetic and defiantly has a meaning. i can't fully form the meaning in my mind, though. it's a bit for you to toy with i guess.) okay well gosh the last one about night falling... just delicate but also also also like an impending storm of some sort? the tunnel of nostalgic blurry memories gives way to blinding reality.
    "and in it is the absence of
    the used-to-be's, rather it holds
    the what-now's."
    and the beginning part about making your mark... efforts of a nobody and for the mindless. art, art, art! soul-crushing stuff, my dear blue. reminds me of the book i'm reading, i'll give you the sun. just what art can do to you. i don't know. i think you would really like it, though, it is so easy to fall in love with. okay, well replying time.
    re: thanks for the part about my poem... i don't like it (the poem that is, not your comment). i've been in a rut and can't write properly or at all. maybe tomorrow. it's always tomorrow. (okay side note but one freaking year of the pandemic!? i want to scream and cry and laugh at the absurdity and suffering and everything in between.) anyway, i think that the pen name ellis fisher really fits you! but yeah, i like pasiley blue and a pen name isn't just a name, it's a persona. honestly, i don't like em wilder that much anymore... maybe i'll change it back to mirkat soon. and yessss! i am part rosalind too, very responsible and all sometimes but it all depends on my mood and the situation. i can totally see you as both rosalind and jane-- you are so supportive and no doubt responsible but you are a dreamer too. ha, skye though with her temper gosh that's so me. i'm crass like her too. that's amazing they've rasied so much and that people are willing, hopefully glad, to give. that's a creative idea, too, to make music. music is so special... ah, i love hearing about spring! the pool of grass! the puddles! it's raining here again... so dreary. you know, light sprinkles and drizzles are romantic and all but raining and raining and raining is most certainly not. yeah, living kinda near the ocean is nice. i have yet to wake up at dawn and stand alone on the shores of the ocean with a blanket and a thermos of hot tea and watch the sun rise out of the ocean, but there's always time for that lol. ha, lake godssss! you were disturbing the peace of the placid lake! and the wind just had to join in... ;) okay well this time change is annoying. ohhhhh so yesterday my friend and i made pie for pi day outside in her backyard and now i have 3 apple pies and 4 pumpkin pies at my house... we made 15 put together. we've got to deliver them to people because that is a lotttttt of pie. i don't even like pie that much. cake is my favorite dessert followed closely by ice cream. hbu? welllllll talk to you on sunday. have a marvelous week!
    <3<3<3

• Caleb Urlacher

re: good gosh someone set off the smoke alarm at my work and snow got all over the kitchen.. lol that was crazy. commercial-grade fire alarms are now my worst enemy

and it is going ok. i've got other non poetry things i'm writing right now so

• crystalline•galaxies

ah, yet again your piece reads like a song. you’ve got such a beautiful way with words, and good grief, this is so poignant and vivid.

• Yellow Sweater

Your work always astounds me. I was listening choral music while reading this, and I can't even explain how beautiful the moment was. Your work is so poignant and interesting, yet it feels like it is never trying to be anything other than what it is. Again I don't know how to explain it, so I'll just rave senselessly. Incredible!

• Tachi

This is so... refreshing, if you know what I mean. nice piece ^^