Nyla

15

Let me know your thoughts :)

I Bleed

22
I bleed but it’s not red
Nor is it warm
Or sticky

It leaves through my fingertips
Not from a vein
From my soul
I lose myself
Within

I keep trying
And keep failing

It hurts
And I don’t know what’s worse
Seeing myself shrivel
Or watching you crumble
To weak to stop you
Falling apart

1

• Zirong

wow...this flows so well. The idea is heartbreakingly intriguing.

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! I love you, you are amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!!

• Nikki

my oh my! this is absolutely beautiful! you are just so very talented!
    re: omg thank you! i closed my eyes and said it a couple times thats when the idea came to mind! aww i cant believe you think i could actually pull that off *blushes* maybe i'll give it a shot?
    eee! thank youuuu. i really didnt expect it to be so emotional but it just turned out like that. im super glad you liked it.
    also after reading that piece could you believe that pneumonia is actually a lung disease?! i mean...
    anyways thank you for the love. <3333

• kathryn siena

first of all: this is absolutely amazing!
    Second of all: thank you so much. I'll remember that the next time it happens. :)

• solarflair

Great poem! I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you have to write. And are you new here? if so, welcome

• The Coy-Fish

Re: Thank you for the compliments. The funny thing is that an old British dude did write the cannon line so you had the right idea.
    This poem is amazing! Sometimes I struggle with my imagery when writing a poem but this is great.

• ~Aurora~

Re: tysm <3

• nolongeractive

Of course!!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so so much, you are so kind! And yes, I did mean saw! Like the past tense of 'look'! You are amazing and I cannot wait to read more of your work!

• nopenopenope

hey! just letting you know, i updated "Three Sisters"

also, this piece is so beautiful. you're a talented writer.

• ChimChim_1

Re: Aww, thanks!:3

This is really raw, and I love the symbolism of "bleeding from the soul." This piece really touched me—good work!

• AJ - Izzy

This is beautiful ahhh why does it make my heart hurt... the poetic style, the wonderfully crafted words joined together, this is absolutely stunning <3 <3

• ~Aurora~

Re: thank you <3
    This is another excellent piece.

• Avril

Oh this is beautiful! I especially love the first line. "I bleed but it's not red" It drew me in right away!
    Re: Thank you!!

• Booklover12

I really love this! It's so beautiful! Honestly I wish it was longer just so that I could continue to read this marvelous writing.

Re: Thank you so much that really means a lot!

• Parisienne

re: Thank you so much!!! Don't worry a lot of my poems are a lil sad too -got to express whatever it is we're feeling - that's what poetry is for!! I love this, the idea of blood and hurt - it is heartbreakingly beautiful. Thanks again :)

• McK13

I don't how to explain this but this poem is such a thought-provoking and very artistic piece. I love how you address that one can be bleeding without feeling physical pain. I also really loved the ending when you brought in someone else and explained how you wish you could help them but you're not strong enough too because of your own bleeding. Like I said, super original and definitely an intriguing piece!

• McK13

re: I'm so happy that you could relate to it too and enjoyed the poem! Of course, any time! Your writing is so amazing so I try my best to write nice comments! awww you're so so sweet! I'm sure you're a terrific friend as well and really kind, intelligent, honest, and compassionate :)

• Ramses IV

re: Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Btw, this poem is so aesthetically pleasing when you imagine it for some reason. I love it!