rwong

est. 9/19/2020

write like you're running out of time

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"never fear the shadows, they simply mean there's a light somewhere nearby." - winnie the pooh
"aren't we all waiting to be read by someone, praying that they'll tell us that we make sense?" - rudy francisco

friend

14
friend
/frend/ (noun)
a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection

but i'd say to you you're so much more than a mere definition
because i know you cannot be packaged into 15 words;
trust me when i tell you that no world can contain you
without bursting at its seams with laughter and delightful insanity
wrapped up with a sea-foam green ribbon and tied into a bow;
for you have been by my side when i am whole but more importantly
when i am broken, shattered on the ground and it is you
who picks up the pieces and glues me back together into a masterpiece
that can only be described as handcrafted, and in doing so
you teach me that whoever i was yesterday is no longer me
so there's no use in looking back and drowning in my past mistakes;
for i know you have seen the best of me and the worst of me
and embraced both, and i wonder how you could love me when you know me;
i know you will not fight my battles for me but you'll be by my side
but i know you'll be there at the finish line when i arise, wounds and all;
and i say these words will never describe who a friend is
because no words can describe who you are.
arghhhh writer's block hits hard sometimes
to my friends, this one's for you. i love you all and don't know where i'd be without you <3 <3

• Ramses IV

re: Thank you so much!
    This piece is so heartwarming!

• elliem

Re: aaaaah thank you so much! As always, you are so sweet!

And GOSH this piece is adorable. Made me think of my friends. <3 I especially love the line "for i know you have seen the best of me and the worst of me
    / and embraced both, and i wonder how you could love me when you know me", because I feel like those are lines that you can only truthfully say when you know your friendship is one of those rare and really strong bonds. I'm also so jealous of the fact that the whole piece is ONE sentence and yet it's so fluid and the ideas are so consecutive that it's pretty much impossible for me to get confused by the long sentence. And the footnotes, I--this is writer's block? Dang, just seems to me that your friends are an inspiration for you. (Which is adorable in itself!) Anyway, thank you again for your sweet comment, and I hope you're having a nice day/night! :)

• Charisse Marison

This is gorgeous and so sweet. I'm gonna send this to all of my friends <3

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

oh my gosh. what a monument to friends: i know you will not fight my battles for me but you'll be by my side" i loved that line

WOW! This was so amazing- I looove the you can't be defined by 15 words- it was just amazing! And the sea-foam green was a really beautiful description!! The whole thing was so poetic but this was my favorite part, "who picks up the pieces and glues me back together into a masterpiece
    that can only be described as handcrafted," Great job :))

• sci-Fi

gah i miss my friends so much

• pyrrhic

awwww.. this is so sweet and breath taking. and with writers block? amazing.

• crystalline•galaxies

this is so sweet, oh my word! i can feel the tenderness seeping out of this piece, and it's just such a safe and warm feeling. especially for having writer's block?! like, wow. you're amazing.

"you teach me that whoever i was yesterday is no longer me"
    i love this, its so sweet and the imagery is like soft i guess? it's not like an urgent heavy tone like deep poems it's lilting and soft. yeah. i'm smiling right now.
    re: AhhhHHHHaaahHHH! let me go find it okay wait wait wait..... the imagery gosh okay the line bout the sunset marigold sky dripping... perfection. and and and like i really did not breathe the whole time i read because gosh gosh gosh (i was awestruck and now just gosh is all im capable of saying) butttttt the part about the constellations and the reminders of your time in canada (would love to hear more bout this if you dont mind) and the end and i just was on your porch taking in gulping breaths of fresh air and then turning to your door and ringing the bell. welll that was a trip i loved it!
    <3<3<3

re: yesssss my typewriter's name is Jo after Jo in Little Women ;) she is my pride and joy. she's blue and she's ancient (like 70 years old!!) and she's my faithful friend :)) i love rainy days, but cloudy ones are a close second!! it feels like rain here too -- just a little cloudy and windy but no rain yet. daylight savings always messes me up apparently it's 5 but it feels like 4.....
    anyways have a lovely week as well my friend!! <3

omgggg!!! shelli!! so happy that you're published!! i'm gonna check it out now :) my day is going well! we went to my grandparent's house for a little early st. patrick's day celebration (we just sat in their garage lol) and now i'm brainstorming an idea for a possible short story so i might go type on my typewriter now :) it just feels like that kind of day, yk? anyways how are you doing?! :))

• Blue Jay

This is soo sweet and this is amazing, especially with a case of the good ol' writer's block.

ahh this is so sweet! i love it :)
    re: awww thank you so much shelli!!! i definitely pull from a lot of nature based stuff, and yeah i do go outside pretty often :) especially now that it's starting to get a little warmer!!! im really glad you liked those poems :)) <3 so happy to be able to chat with you today!!
    <33