McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thanks for checking out my piece! I did two of the prompts in the March Grab Bag. The first one is titled Enough To Say Goodbye (though I'm not so sure about this title) and the second one is titled Visting Hours. I hope you enjoy them! Please leave any feedback you may have -- all criticism is super welcome, appreciated, and incredibly helpful! And thank you so much BriRiley and Acexip for these awesome prompts! Have a wonderful day/night :)

just an acrostic and some dialogue

PROMPT: March Grab Bag

8

Prompt: write an acrostic poem (in which each letter spells out a word or phrase) with your username (by BriRiley)

Moonlit pathways lead me home, but only when my eyes 
Close because without my dreams, who am I to 
Kindle a fire of life and hope that is destined to die with my mind 
1 moment might be the last but it's unknown so act like there's no tomorrow 
3 seconds are enough to say goodbye but how can I predict when to give mine 

Prompt: Write a story made up entirely of a dialogue between two people. (by Acexip

"Not today, sorry. Come back next week"
"Come on! I'm supposed to be on that list. Can you tell him I came?"
"Miss, you need to leave. I've got people who are actually on the list. Go, please"
"What?! No, I haven't seen my dad for two months. You need to let me in"
"Sorry, that's against the rules. I'm going to have to ask you one more time. Leave, now, miss"
"Did you send a request? He should want to see me, why aren't you doing anything to help?" 
"I can send a request but that's it. Ok? That's all! Now, you need to go."
"Fine...no, no, wait, just check one more time. Maybe there was an error in the system or something"
"I can promise you, there wasn't. Look, he just doesn't want to see you! Guards, take her out, please"
"Yes, he does! He has to, cause he's all I've got. Please, just tell him I'm here. He'll want to see me!" 

• Minvra

Re: Huh. That sounds much simpler than I came up with lol. I can relate. I'm a leaper, you can say. I leap from one subject or topic to another in an unorderly (not a word oof) fashion.

• Minvra

Re: Thank you! It's something pretty ironic, a perfectionist writing something about a perfect day.

The first prompt describes you as like a dreamer. Or someone who is in-the-moment type of person or is trying to. It seems to me our dreams usually die in our heads when we wake. Or with only remnants you grip onto.

I'm rereading the second prompt and holy moly. "not today, sorry. Come back next week". That implies she's been trying to get in before. Dang. I wonder if her father is that high up or if this is hospital visiting stuff idk. But that's just deep...

• nolongeractive

You are amazing, this piece gets better every time I read it! Also, my newest song is out if you wanna check it out! Much love <3

1) I love the first one, it flows so nicely and is so beautiful. Although the whole thing builds on each other, the last line definitely has to be my favorite, just beating the rest by a smidge. 2) awwwww, wow- that's so sad!! Until you said Dad I was so intrigued, trying to think what it was about and then you wrote that one word and all fo a sudden a million emotions raced through my head and wow, that was very impactful! Amazing writing! RE: omg awww thank you so so so so so so so much!! You're literally the absolute best!! I'm so glad you enjoy my writing and can relate to it and that it empowers you!! :)) And aww, I only give compliments where they're deserved so of course! And thank you again- omg, I literally can't even come close to describing how big of a smile your comment brought to my face!! You literally deserve the world!! And also- omg you have two puppies!!! What breed? I've always wanted puppies but my dad's always said no!! :(

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Np! And thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying them. I just posted another one fyi if you wanna check it out :)

• BriRiley

I love this entire thing! But the last part is stunning! *inserts star eye emoji* love it! XD

• nolongeractive

Re: Of course; you as well.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Aww this is almost heartbreaking (the dialogue)

• nolongeractive

OMG this is absolutely outstanding and I love the use of the dialogue and all of the diction and syntax; like all of your work, I had to read it multiple times in order to fully grasp the absolute meaning of the piece, and you never fail to disspoint. However simple your works are, they always carry moods of utter simplicity and sincerity and I cannot wait to continue visiting your writing. Please keep up the good work, this piece is almost as astounding as you!