Nikki

feminist
fantasy freak
would marry Inej Ghafa any day
yes, i cant ever my eyeliner to be straight <3
writes, because the other option is shutting down

:)

Pneumonia

PROMPT: March Grab Bag

13

a 100 word story based on a randomly generated word by alyanna

You know the word that starts with a p but sounds like an n?
That word everybody mistakes for ammonia?
The word that feels like it’s very exotic?
The word that sounds like the name of an angelic faerie who roams ancient war grounds?
Close your eyes and whisper it.
Whisper the word like I did, because I loved her.
And it hurts me to think about it.

I was laughing so hard when i wrote this. Also, pneumonia actually mean an infection of the lungs.
haha yes, i may have gotten slightly carried away. The end was a extremely sudden, i hadnt planned it at all.
anyways... i hope you like it!

• Cxtrus

Re: Yes you can review my poem if you want, it would be really cool if you did that. All reviews help. :) Also, I loved what you wrote in this piece. :o

• ~madeline~

re: tysm! Yeah I would love a review on basically anything! broken hearts broken hopes is probably a good one to find some critiques for... Lemme know if you would like a review in return :)

• rafaelsolanoishot

re: aah me too! I was the biggest Taylor stan when I was younger and then I wasn't as obsessed for a few years and now I love Evermore and Folklore!

Re: Thanks <3 I'll be fine :) Also, aha thanks! Ohh is that the poetry one? Hmm....maybe just set yourself a really loud alarm?

Re: That's alright :) Yeah, sorry, I'm not really supposed to talk about it, but yeah, not nice stuff. Thanks <333

Re: All good ;)

re: aww thank you!! I'm sure you're beautiful too :)
    Oh really? So cool! All the twins I know look at least sorta related lol\
    I know!! I just hate writing essays. I always get so stressed when I get one assigned and I only worry about that. Thank you! Hopefully I do well :)

• ~madeline~

re: aww tysm :) that's so sweet.

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much! Love ya sm

• ~madeline~

re: hehe yea I love KOTLC! I have a pretty eclectic book taste, but if you liked KOTLC, then I would definitely recommend the Land Of Stories series by Chris Colfer, or The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann. Both good series. :)

Re: Ofc! It was awesome meeting you; you're so sweet! Yeah! And tyyy :D Yep lol :P Maybe!

• ~madeline~

Re: Tysm!! Yep! Messenger as in Shannon Messenger. I love her books :)

re: aha yeah I'm a twin. We're fraternal, and we look absolutely nothing alike. Everyone is AMAZED that we're twins. Like, we barely look related. And also I'm the older twin, but I'm a twig compared to my twin so everyone is also always shocked that I'm older lol.
    Ok cool! I'll find something to review. It might be a while though cause I'm sorta busy this week (my teach sprung an essay on us and I only have till thursday to write it).

• nolongeractive

Re: OFC AND THANK U SM!! YOU R AMAZING! Love ya girly!

re: ahaha your welcome :D
    of course!! Just tell me which piece you want me to review and I'll try to!
    I don't have any that need reviews for now, but I'll tell you if I do!
    ah I have two sisters, her and a twin sister.
    hbu?

Oh yes I was definitely surprised at the ending!! But I loved it! The way you kinda drew the reader in. It's like you danced around the word and then boom leave the reader kinda astonished. I had to re-read it was so good :)
    re: aaaaaaa thank you so much you are really too kind!! aw it makes me so happy when people talk about my writing like that! thank you :)
    ahaha no actually she did that this year lol she's nine. This kinda makes her sound like she has some kinda mental illness, but don't worry she's totally fine. Just an annoying sister lol.

• Minvra

Hello Nikki! Two days ago since the summit!
    True, pneumonia does sound exotic and it looks exotic. And kinda like a faerie. Wait. Aren't faeries evil or am I thinking of a different creature?

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG YOU ARE FR SO AMAZING AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WE BOTH HAVE RED HAIR AHAHAH ITS TOO FUNNY; also, that means everything to me and I cannot wait to swap emails!! And, I will definitely listen to those and I cannot wait to get to know you more! Much much love! Xo!

Hey Nikki!

• nolongeractive

Omg! This piece is simply stunning and I cannot get over how excellent and emotional it is; I am so obsessed and inspired by your writing; it is insane and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!

Re: And Taylor Swift is an icon for sure, like my all-time favorite, and I actually just listen to '400 Lux' by Lorde and it IS AMAZING! Thank you so much for the recommendation! If you are looking for any recommendations, my favorite song at the moment is 'Young & Sad' by Noah Cyrus; it is so beautiful and she really inspires the music I write.

Also, thanks so much! I absolutely love dancing, it is so fun! And actually, I have done a lot of performances recently. I was currently in a school drama film that was a reinvention and mixed-gender role adaption of the Riverdale and Archie Comics Series! I play the gay version of sassy, confident. bad bitch, Cheryl Blossom (she and I also both have red hair). If ever get to exchange emails one day, I would love to send you a clip of my acting.

Also, you sound so school! Scrabble is VERY impressive and hard, I have never been able to figure it out LOL. I cannot wait to get to know you more!

Also, I do not think I am because I am on vacation in Florida with my family right now at our house In Miami, but I will definitely be at the next one because I definitely want to meet you and I cannot wait to read more of your work!

Much love!

• Zirong

re: !!!!!so glad that we both love Alec Benjamin! He has such an angelic voice! Oooo I'll definitely listen to the song!(not now coz I have an exam coming haha!) YESSS I stay in Singapore. It's summer all year round here, and I kinda miss snowflakes! :D

• Zirong

re: WOWWWWW I just listened to Perfect Places and I was STUNNED!!! jfidjroithothnh why didn't I know such a talented singer? I do look forward to her new album, and I believe she'll return from the slightly overstretched break as a SUPERSTAR!!! Do you listen to Alec Benjamin? If not I recommend ALL of his songs to you -- they were literally my spiritual support throughout the lockdown in Singapore last year awww *heart eyes*

Aaaahhh! My friend had pneumonia when we were younger, and it's not a very kind disease to the human body. But this is hi!arious

Also, it really does sound like the name of a fairy....

• Mpm#1

Damnnnnnn, this was really good..... I loved the little surprise at the end my dude!
    Re: Thank you! Yeahhhh, it went fairly well, I got a 97 on it! I mean, I guess it is, but I get so grouchy and whiny over it because it huuuuuurrrrrttttsss. XD Yeah, I used to play soccer, but I popper my kneecap out and had to quit, so I joined cross country. Do you play any sports? What's squash?? I love scrabble.... Except when people catch me making up words lmao. That's cool bro, I don't think very much about my sexuality, but Ig I'm straight? Anyway, have a great day/night!

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG OFC and yes Lorde slaps, but my ABSOLUTE QUEEN OF MY LIFE IS TAYLOR SWIFT. And I cannot imagine how hot it is, omg but I would love to visit; and Team and Perfect Places by Lorde slapppp hard. Also, I have been a competitive dancer for 13 years and I am an actor!! How about you? I love getting to know you.

• useless :)

re: i uhm, might've forgotten the number lol. i also might've forgotten which store i got them at...it's been a while XD. i'll ask my mom tmrw, she'll probably know.

yeah, and your opinion is completely valid too! i think they're cool on other people as long as they're happy with them, like one of my friends' mom has one and she loves it, which is nice, i just don't really see myself getting one haha.
    oh, i've never really considered it so i'm not sure, maybe like, something significant to my life? or a flower or something?
    i sounded so un-confident with that answer lol. regarding random stuff i can be very indecisive, which is why it'd take me ages for smth like this
    and no problem! :D
    have a great...morning? i'm pretty sure at least haha

• nolongeractive

Re: And New York is great but busy and cold lol!! How is Mumbai?

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so so much, and yes ofc we needed an Ari reference always; she is my queen! Love you so much!

• useless :)

ahhh what is it with me and the multi paragraph responses...
    also this is amazing! i love the way it goes from a lighthearted tone to something deeper, and how the ending brings a new meaning to the poem. and pneumonia actually does sound like the name of a fairy-
    never thought about that lol
    great job :)

• useless :)

re: ahah yeah definitely ;)
    ooh, cool! i can't exactly relate, since i don't wear makeup lol. i've actually supposed to have had glasses since before quarantine, but the store closed temporarily a couple days before i was supposed to get them picked up bc of covid. i've kinda been holding the day of getting them off ever since, although it's probably a bad idea, since my eyes have been staring at screens all day for the past couple of months haha...ima definitely get them soon.
    hmm, tattoos. for permanent ones, i don't want any when i'm older, but that's personal preference, and if someone likes them and wants one it's obviously their choice, so as long as they're sure about it, i think it's cool. (not like, if they're my age, when they're older XD)
    are temporary tattoos the ones you press a wet paper towel or cloth on to make them stick? if they are, i've done those a couple of times when i was little, since cartoon versions of "tattoos" would come in prize packs and stuff lol. what kind would you get, if you got one?
    btw, sorry for the late response. byee :D

• Zirong

Wow this is so unexpected(I've never thought of the word this way :D) and at the same time so intriguing!!! The ending is so lovely and clever! :3

re: haha we have literally the same sleeping schedule(I went to bed at 2 am last night XD) My mind is just somehow much clearer at night and I always wish all my exams can be taken at night lol. Anyway this is not really a healthy lifestyle so hopefully we can sleep earlier in the future XD!

Haha yes! The word totally does sound like a fairie's name!! That's sooo true but I never even thought of it until now! Wow, you should write Greek and Roman myths if you can recognize that stuff! Also I love the way you wrote this in with all these questions and it starts off very humorous but then ends very deep and the last two lines are so emotional, it hurts! Great job! RE: Thank you!

• nolongeractive

Re: Yes!! Me too, I love getting to know people far away from me. And I live in New York City in America, in central Manhattan. Also, I really want to visit Mumbai and the Taj Mahal was outstanding, and I would love to visit India again.

• nolongeractive

Re: Of course I won't. Where in India are you from, I went to the Taj Mahal last year.

• nolongeractive

Re: Yes it is hahahahahahahahahaha, so iconic. And yes she is, she dates a girl named Toni Topaz! And yes def watch it and get back to me, if you want :)

• nolongeractive

Re: OMGGGG ICONIC! And yes I will do that for sure! Also, you should definitely watch Riverdale, it is my fav show, and it's on Netflix if you have and it is on the CW website and phone app! YOU WILL LOVE IT! And Cheryl is also gay hahah

• nolongeractive

Re: And actually it is 11 in the morning in America!

• nolongeractive

Re: AHHH THANK U, and I love that haha! And I am also gay hah, but I am more of a Regina George queen bee/Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale lmaooo.

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH

• nolongeractive

This is outstanding and your words just are so lovely and impactful. Your writing will definitely change the world! The title is super interesting too, and it really drew me in! I cannot wait to see the other things you publish.