mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

dollhouse

8

enter tornado, moving in fast; 
the windows are shuttered;
golden hour is all but forgotten with the threat
of the house crumbling into dust
ground beneath the soles of polished mary janes;
starched dresses come in and out of focus,
painted in the blurry colors of before;
because tornado came like it always does,
pulling trees up by the roots and whipping powerlines
from the earth;
and then the circus came to town 
(without the red tents and caramel apples);
shouting and yelling and 
shuttering, always shuttering;
blinds yanked down and doors shut in faces;
stop trying to make sense of it all;
it’s a play in reverse and you are the only one
who never bothered to learn the lines;
exit tornado, tornado;
now it’s just music in the wind;

i guess you could say this is a highly meterphor-ized rant about my current social situation. 

• katnissromanoff

This is such a wonderful poem and I hope your social situation is all good :) I loved it, great job!!

• rwong

hey mir!!!!!! ok i just wanted to let you know that issue vii of ice lolly is out and im published in it!! eekk im excited cause this is my first time but you're definitely one of my hugest inspirations and also cause it was you who introduced me to publishing in public lit mags so thank you thank you thank youuuu!!!!
    anyway i really hope you're doing well and how are you? <3 <3 sending love

oh my GOSH this is absolutely stunning!!! i think you really captured the motion, the chaos, the uncertainty of it all. my favorite lines are the same as rwongs; especially the play in reverse one. brilliant :)) wow there were spots that reminded me of the wizard of oz (even though i've never seen it!) with the starched dresses and mary janes -- of course, there aren't mary janes in the wizard of oz but the detail about the footwear just brought my mind to that..... sorry for rambling!! already!! :[]
    re: OMG i absolutely love that you called me Blue!!! Honestly i'm not all that fond of the name paisley blue -- if i picked a pen name now it would be something like Finley Bowman or Ellis Fisher. those are my top 2. but i mean i can't change my name now!! it's a part of who i am on here. yk? and i mean i am a bit attached to it. anyways the point of this is i love love love that you called me blue XD it made me laugh so hard!!!
    omg!! you've read the penderwicks?!?! so happy!! only one of my friends have so i'm so excited that you have too!!! we used to only own the first, third, and fourth ones, but we just got all five :)) okay i can totally see you being a mix between sky and jane. you do also have some rosalind vibes though, like mature and warm? kinda? :) i think i'm probably a mix of jane and rosalind. like i've got a lot of jane's creativity and view of the world, but i also have a little (teensy) bit of rosalind's stability, rather than jane's more impulsive nature haha!! hmmmmmmmm my favorite?! how could you ask me such a thing?!?!??!! lol but seriously i don't know if i could choose. hmmmmmmmm probably the first one as well, although i also reeeeeally love Point Mouette. I never liked Spring as much, because it always makes me sad when the book characters grow up but it really is a wonderful book as well. it's got all the feels. then At Last was also really good!! I love lydia's character haha, and i love her interactions with mrs. tifton!!! XD
    yeah, my dad's doing better. he (not my dad, his friend) was in a band, and so the band is putting on a nine day virtual festival to raise money for his three kids and wife. they've already hit like the $100,000 mark!! which is so, so amazing.
    YEEEES the kissing wall!! of COURSE i kissed it XD three times; once each time i was in a musical there!! you can find some that were back in like 2014 and 2015 -- i think the earliest one i saw was like 2013 or something. so it's been going on for a while!! honestly sometimes it can be hard to find a spot XD
    oh yikes that school schedule sounds incredibly confusing.... for us all of the grades come in and leave at the same time, but the classes stagger the dismissal by like 5-10 minutes so the hallways can clear out a little. honestly it's still not super great, because the hallways are still considerably crowded. but oh well. but heyyy right now i'm on spring break!! it's SO NICE to be home all day but not have to log onto any zoom meetings or do any schoolwork.... and spring is finally here (!!) so it's warm enough to go outside without a coat (!!!!!) and there are puddles everywhere from the snow melting!! our front yard is completely melted -- you can see the grass again!!! :D it's wonderful.
    ohhhhhhh all of the places you go to sound AMAZING. i wish we were near the ocean!!! that would be wonderful..... i mean, we've got as many lakes as you could possibly want, but we are lacking saltwater ;) actually, we went to lake superior last summer, and it was almost as good as the ocean!! it was so calm for a while, then the waves picked up and that was beautiful too, and then my dad took a rock from the shore and the lake got MAD seriously we had to pack up and leave early and it was SO windy that we hardly slept at all that night; my sister was trying to sleep in a hammock that was practically on it's side because the wind was blowing so hard!!! XD guess you shouldn't steal from the lake spirits ;)
    yess read the penderwicks :) just chilling sounds good... i think i'll do that too :)
    don't worry! i didn't read the comment until today, even though i was sorely tempted XD bye for now, mir!! <33 <33

• rwong

oh wow...if i had to pick favorite lines it would be: "painted in the blurry colors of before;' and "it’s a play in reverse and you are the only one / who never bothered to learn the lines; / exit tornado, tornado; / now it’s just music in the wind;" but honestly i'd copy the whole poem into this comment if i could... that just took my breath away and its absolutely gorgeous
    also your footnotes...sending love to you for whatever you're going through and remember, we're still here for you!! <3 <3

oh, my, darling, this is...
    would it be enough to call it beautiful?
    no. it would not. probably never will be. <3