Blue Jay

She/Her

Earth Lover that also loves to read and write.

You can find me outside somewhere. I'm a proud environmentalist from 5 years old.

I primarily write poetry, but sometimes other things too.

Be kind

"In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth."
-Rachel Carson

I see that there is a new poetry competition here. I am not planning on submitting a piece. But if you want a review feel free to ask me, I will do my best. You don't need to review my pieces back, reviewing some pieces is a good motivation for me to stay active on this site :)

Blue Jay

PROMPT: March Grab Bag

5
An acrostic poem (in which each letter spells out a word or phrase) with your username (by BriRiley)

Bask in the leftover sunlight
Live with your head in the clouds
Until it rains, then stay on the ground
Entitled to nothing yet waiting to take flight

Just try to smile in the rain
And feel comfort in your pain
Yearning for a future that won't last
Looking back, I chose my username because, well, Blue Jay's are my favorite bird (I like birds a lot). But yeah. I hope that everyone's doing good :)

• Ava Marie

So good! You are talented!

I like this style. I love how you speak about "taking flight" like a real blue jay.
    RE: thank you, I think I have already chosen. : )

• BriRiley

I love the second and third sentences!! They show so much imagination!! Love it! XD

• nolongeractive

This is outstanding and your words just are so lovely and impactful. Your writing will definitely change the world! Also, I released some new music if you would wanna check it out! Much love