Lizzie R

15
Virgo
Aspiring singer/songwriter
All of my songs are original unless specified as a rewrite in the title :)

"Give them hell, Angel." -Duplicity

My dreams: crushed
By: me
Hotel: Trivago

Never Be

8
I want to amount to something
I want to prove to myself that I can make a name for myself
I don't care about fame
I'll do it for me and no one else

I'll never be who I want to be
I'll never make it in the music industry
Having someone like me and my music
Enough for it to be my career is impossible
I simply can't compete with anyone else
When I don't believe in myself

I thought I could do it
Write songs, record them, perform them live
But I can't and I know that now
I don't have the talent
Or the way with words like all of my idols
I'm just me, less than average, and boring
I couldn't succeed if I tried 

I'll never be who I want to be
Having someone like me and my music
I simply can't compete with anyone else
When I don't believe in myself

I had a dream that was irrational
But I know now how naive I was
To think that it would ever become a reality
I need to accept that

I'll never be who I want to be
Having someone like me and my music
I simply can't compete with anyone else
When I don't believe in myself
So I'm changing my path to something else
Something more practical
One order of intrusive thoughts served in song form has been served

The rhyme here "I'll never be who I want to be/I'll never make it in the music industry" was really great! Also, I know it's a really tough industry and it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan but seriously, your voice and your talent are so amazing and I really believe you can go somewhere with it! Just like In Which Yaya Writes says, start off by posting videos on social media and try to gain a following (let me know if you do so I can be your first follower!) but seriously you are so amazing! You were one of my first followers on this site when I didn't really know how to use it at all but now that I do I'm so happy I found you again cause wow your songs are just amazing! And I want to hear you sing them more too!

• In Which Yaya Writes

Awwwww! Don’t feel discouraged! All you need to do it get an audition on AGT and then you’re good! But seriously, I’m sure you could start posting videos on YouTube or TikTok and get publicity that way! Isn’t that how Penatonix started? But, this is a really good song. Great job!
    Replying: Thank you so much!

• Parisienne

Heyyyy hope you're good!!!! xo

• Bex

Well, after seeing your talent and passion for the arts, I can say that I most certainly do believe that you can make it in that industry. This piece is beautiful and has so much feeling in it, which is exactly what the music industry needs more of. It needs your passion, your sadness, your joy, everything. Don't give up!

re: Thank you so much for your comment, I was literally on the verge of tears reading it (in a happy way!). :') Keep writing and trying to achieve your goals, you are so talented!!!!!

• McK13

Wonderfully written yet sad and heartbreaking. Trust me, you are capable of achieving your dreams so hold onto them can keep being awesome because one day all of these incredible lyrics are going to make you an idol to some kid in the future! I read your lyrics and all of them are equally as good or even better than the songs I hear on the radio! You are going to do huge things so keep believing in yourself :)

• resident philocalist

HOTEL TRIVAGO

Anyways

Great piece, girl, its amazing. Unfortunately its also relatable. Remember that when you’re feeling down, I think you’re awesome :) YOU DO HAVE THE TALENT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF HONEY

• Parisienne

Your message box made me laugh so much Lizzie :). Don't you DARE give up on your dreams young lady - you have sooooo much potential I think your songs could take you anywhere. You will make it if you believe it :D
    re: I loveee reading too, and yes any recommendations are ALWAYS welcome. John Green is just the best isn't he? You'll love paper towns! Ik what you mean, his writing is perfection and yes crash course has got me through many an essay haha. Thanks for the advice on goodreads, I have used the website before for reviews and quotes. It is good for bookoholics like us ;).
    Take care Lizzie and pls don't give up on yourself. I am sure you will do amazingly at whatever you do. You can't go wrong :)
    Becca <3

• V-Rose

Re: It's okay to vent. I'm here for that. But don't give up on that. Maybe choose something "practical" as you say for a career path. But choose something related to music. Don't just choose something practical, choose something with one side of "This will be a good job" and one side of, "I like doing this." If music makes you happy, maybe become a music teacher or work at a music store. But whatever you do, do not give up on writing or singing. I can't sing to save my life or anyone else's but I won't stop (to my parents' slight annoyance sometimes). And if I won't stop, you definitely shouldn't. Those people who made it didn't stop. And you can never make it if you stop.

And finally, vent whenever you need to. Whether to me, someone else on here, or in a song. Awesomeness comes from venting.

• V-Rose

Wow! This is amazing! It's sad and you should totally keep going and keep writing and keep singing! But this is also some really awesome, soulful writing and I love it! Wow!