Nyla

15

I'm really not sure about this. I just saw the prompt and started writing. Let me know what you think though- And have a great day to whoever sees this :)

I Want

PROMPT: Dream Big

11
I want to be happy.
I want to create change and change the world; research cures, end world hunger, and instigate peace; surrounded by people who only care about money. I want to create change.
I want to be a dreamer; designing fictional worlds for people a hundred years from now to look back on and analyze every subconscious thought I had, tearing up my work because I wasn’t who they wanted. I want to be a dreamer.
I want to be social; friendly, nice, and bubbly; have a million friends, then they’ll all ask me for money, take a few selfies, and leave. I want to be social.
I want to be more; more than anyone said I could be, or dared me to be, or defined me to be, but will that still be me? I want to be more.
I want to be brave; braver than superman and King Kong even though I’m scared of heights and oceans. I want to be brave.
I want to find love; deeper than Juliet’s; like Elizabeth, I want to find my Mr. Darcy in a world with men who rape women that say no. I want to find love.
I want to be a doctor, save people’s lives left and right; waste my life learning things I’ll end up searching on Google. I want to be a doctor.
I want to be happy; with my friends and family reading books by the fireplace cuddled in a blanket sipping hot cocoa; listening to classical music that moves me to tears; and staring at the stars in the sky, a million miles away and yet never having shined so bright.
I want to be happy.

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you!!

• halle_cj

Beautifully said. It really is all the little things.
    Re: ty :)

This is so true! I relate to this SO much!!

• Ellington Stone

Yes, SO TRUE!! I especially love the "I want to find love; deeper than Juliet’s." I think the whole piece dives into the idea of longing for something so deeply.
    Re: Thanks!! I just noticed it as was like, "huh, that's kinda messed up."

• McK13

Amazing!!! I absolutely love this piece and I can totally relate! I like the usage of repetition to emphasize each of your wants. There's so much authenticity, grace, and emotion in these words that I feel so touched by them. The ending is so satisfying and lovely that I read it at 3 times! Fantastic job :)

• BriRiley

Yes! I want this so bad! Maybe we should just get a group and do this together! XD Btw loved the Shakespeare and pride prejudice references! I love those books/stories! :D

Re: Tysm! <3

• ScarlettLucian

The line "tearing up my work because I wasn’t who they wanted" is absolutely gorgeous! Really nice work.

• Busssy.Beee

<3

• Jj101

Re: Oh, it’s okay! I’m always open to changing. But I can keep it that way too :)

• Jj101

Re: Thank u!! Yeah, that is how I spell it, but Idk I can change it from now on.
    Have a great day too!!!! :D