Nyla

15

Thoughts?
Have a great day to whoever's reading this! :)

Falling

12
When you see me falling, why don’t you stop it?
When you see me flying, you always grab on.

When I am running, you drift in my wind,
But when I start walking, you leave me behind.

When I smile, you wrench yourself to my dimple,
But when I cry, you don't soak up my tears.

When I am me,
You want me to be you,
But I'll never be enough.

• Anlee

Amazing job! the contrasts between each line is truly impactful~ "you wrench yourself to my dimple" is such a creative phrase! looking forwards to reading more wonderful pieces from you <3

• aaliyahh

okay WOW, the meaning in this is so powerful but you put this into beautiful words, I'm obsessed..."but when i cry, you don't soak up my tears"-*chefs kiss*
    re: oh my goodness- those sound sooooo good!!!! is it hard to learn how to make them??? im trying to expand my cooking but with school it's really hard haha..and im not sure what superpower...maybe to fly? or to time travel would be great. i wanna see dinosaurs, maybe get chased by one or two..haha, what about you?? and what kind of music are you into?

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is gorgeous!!!! I love the concept. Every line just feels very powerful and honest. The title is also awesome. The last line is just too perfect. It has been done so well and crafted to perfection!!!
    Re: Thanks :) ! I'm quite proud of that one to be honest. I just want to write more pieces like that. Or like your piece. Lately my pieces are just not up to scratch.
    :/ But I'm determined to write one okay piece and publish it this week. :)

Re: Thank you so much! (This is awesome! Lol it reminds me of Harry Styles song) lmao)

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Thank you!

• McK13

Wow...this is so heartbreaking but stunning. Your words make me tear up but this piece is so wonderfully done. And the ending just hurts but is so genuine, making it that much more relatable. Just, wow. Re: Thank you so much, that was my favorite line of the piece too! Of course, I have fun chatting back and forth! Phew, less pressure lol Okay, as soon as I finish reading Kamala Harris' memoir, The Hunger Games is up next! Oh, that's cool, yeah everything's so different with COVID but I'm glad that you're liking the book! Hahaha funny you ask what my favorite movie is, I was just asked this the other day and I had no clue what to say. Literally, I don't watch movies that often but I feel like right about now I'd enjoy a nice, lighthearted movie that has some laughter involved. Though, now that I think about it, I really liked Jumanji, 42: The Jackie Robinson Story, The Blind Side, and a few other movies similar to those. So basically, I'm all over the place lol. I'm more of a tv show person than a movie person though so I've been watching All American lately, finishing up The Crown, and I just started Schitt's Creek (I know, I'm really late since it just ended lol). How about you -- what are some movies and tv shows you enjoy?

• Avril

Re: I know right haha!
    Inspiration comes at the weirdest times! So glad you ended up writing it :)

• Avril

Wow this is heartbreaking. I especially love the first two lines!

• ArtCat

This is amazing, quite bittersweet! I love your last stanza "When I am me/You want me to be you/But I'll never be enough."