witheringlilac

I don't know who I am.

Empty

5
I lay on the floor. I bring my fingers to my wrist and search for a pulse. I feel the steady beat that indicates not all life has left me. I manage to prop myself up on my elbows, but gravity wins and pulls me back to the earth. I attempt to reach in and grab my memories from last night, but they are out of reach. Deeply hidden under a layer of debris. A girl walks in. I remember that I like how her long black hair glows in the sun, and how her hair smells of lavender, but I don't know her. She wraps her arms around me and cries. I feel emotionless. She looks at my empty face and backs out of the room, sobbing.

Whoa. The tone, the diction, and just the vibe of this feels somehow surreal and haunting.
    Re: thank you! I’m really loving lowercase stylization for more emotional poetry. You’re right; it conveys a different sort of honesty and feeling. :)
    Also your username is so interesting... caught my attention as soon as I saw it.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

wow. this hit me really hard. this piece is truly magnificent, unlike anything I've ever seen on this platform

• BriRiley

Re: aww! Thx!
    P.Stinson is so good! I can feel the sight of the gravity in this piece as if I was the MC! And it’s such a cool story! I can’t wait to see more!

• nolongeractive

This is amazing and you have so much talent; I cannot wait to see what else you come up with!