Anne Blackwood

17
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update on MB: Our friendship got stronger, he said he'd finally gotten over me romantically (11 days ago), I later panicked over whether he's manipulating me or not, I decided I could tentatively trust him, he today said his feelings are coming back (mine never left btw)... it's a bit of a gorgeous terrifying mess lol.

Faithful to the End (a dream)

9

My people have been captured. The victorious king puts us to work pushing a massive log through thick, sticky mud. MB is next to me. We have to move over down the length of the log to push it evenly.
    "I hope they kill us quickly," I say.
    He nods.
    "Rome has arenas for blood sport every day. [So] these people probably have a very painful death planned for us."
    We are brought to a very large area enclosed with tall nets for fences. The leader of the kingdom orders us all to run very quickly despite our exhaustion, and we must jump over deep rectangular pits in the ground that house any number of horrible things like a breed of large, carnivorous fish. I almost get caught by a killer shark as I jump over their pit.
    Once I've made it to the other side of the enclosure, I climb up on the net and start telling the people about Jesus.
    "The son of God?!" one of the spectators asks, incredulous.
    I nod. "He is God. They are one." I quickly tell everyone about his compassion and faithfulness, trying to finish before the king gets too impatient and decides to hurry my death for his entertainment. "If you follow Him, you will be with Him in paradise [even though you've died]."
    The king is angered by what I'm saying and declares that everyone must choose between him and Jesus.
    People shout back at him, "Death with you or eternal life with Him?" and declare their faith in God. I don't fully remember, but I think MB is one of the ones to accept Christ.
    Many of the new Christians, who are both captives and spectators (but mostly captives) are thrown into the pits. None of the spectators who convert are allowed to live. I do not think MB survives this part.
    The captives are taken out of the netted area and told to separate into two groups. I get confused at first as to which area is which, but a kindly Christian couple who look to be in their sixties help me find the right place.
This is a retelling of the dream I had last night. You might not believe me, but this is not exaggerated or fictionalized in any way; I've merely written it down in a story format.
If anyone is wondering why the piece cuts off somewhat unnaturally, it's because I woke up before the dream was completely finished. I think that if it had continued, I would have died soon.

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Oh wow. (Sorry in advanced because I can’t type as much as I want to: my keyboard broke and I’m stuck with my phone until it’s fixed) That sounds really complicated. I suck at love advice, honestly xD But from where I sit, I feel like you just need to be open. If you feel like he’s your brother, than put that out in the open. He’s be better off knowing that you don’t like him like that than to be ‘led on’ and hurt because of it. I just started using ‘bro’ and ‘friend’ when talking to someone I knew liked me so they knew where I stood. Didn’t get overly touchy, and placed them at arms length until they understood. I obviously don’t know this person, but I feel like they would be grateful to know before trying to move ahead with plans that don’t work for you. Communication is important. Better to keep it a friendship than for it to turn into acquaintances.

I don’t know if that helped at all. But girl, my mental health won’t change one way or the other, so do vent if you need to. I’m open to listening <3

Wow, this is so awesome and really shows how faithful and kind you are- that right to the end you wanted to save people! Also, you have pretty interesting dreams- I either don't remember mine or they are full-on nightmares! The way you wrote it also helped me envision it in my head! RE: Awww of course! And haha, awesome! And aww, Anne, I really hope so- you're so cool and an amazing writer!! Ok, to start, what is your absolute favourite book? I know this is such a hard question but you can pick 2 if absolutely need be or just your favorite at the moment!

• Just_A_Memory

Woah O-O It seems quite vivid!

Wow...your dreams are phenomenal. This was actually really encouraging to read for some reason.
    Re: yeah, you can probably guess who I'm talking about as far as the quieter one. : ) I'm kind of making up my mind about it because he was who I always liked first, but the other one started texting me earlier, but now the quiet one is emailing me all of a sudden so I think he finally got up the guts to maybe show that he likes me. It all just happened pretty fast so I'm still kind of reeling (i literally never expected even one guy to like me, let alone two).

• one hundred forty-seven

Wow! So this is actually a dream you had? That's amazing. You're about to die, and your first concern was telling people about Jesus. Wow. Just wow.

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: Thank you :) *bear hugs*

• Cici'sTimes

Wow this is so vivid. My dreams are all in third person so dreams in first person really impress me. Especially in this amount of detail:O

• WrenBirdWrites

Whoah, this is just whoah. That is a deep dream, I wonder... Do you think it is just a dream? Or do you think it means something? In my own experience, dreams that are so detailed usually mean something. Just something to ponder... Also, Re: I'm glad you liked it Lol I was trying out a different style uwu

replying: lol now i feel better that i'm not totally useless

• CowsinTrees

Re:thanks so much!!

wow it's amazing how detailed your dreams are,you're so lucky.i barely remember my dreams,i just remember flashes of scenes and mostly barely understand what was happening

• almost flora kane

it's interesting to see just how different your dreams are from mine haha. wonder if you could flesh this into some sort of short story. and re: no worries about not being help, your complements mean a lot to me. and that point is really good to remember, thanks:P

what a dream this must have been XD