McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my writing! For this piece, I pretty much wrote down all my thoughts and ended up with this. Hope you enjoy it! Please leave any feedback you may have — all criticism is super welcome, appreciated, and very helpful! Have a great day/night :)

Ignorance

I must have sat here for hours.
Simply staring at my computer screen as I attempted to come up with an answer to complete this question.
What is the single greatest challenge of our time?
At first, it seemed easy, but clearly, I was incorrect since numerous ideas jumbled through my head.  

Maybe it’s the double standard placed on men and women with tremendous differences in pay and overall respect along with this wrong belief that males have ultimate superiority over their female counterparts who should stay at home instead of working to prove they're worthy?
Or is it the cycling oppression that bleeds through the deep roots of ancestries, burning more childrens' dreams which just so happens to be paired with increased melanin, resulting in constant criticism, humiliation, discrimination, racism?
Or maybe it’s how we all destroy and mistreat our shared Mother who gave us everything from her crystal clear waters,  oxygen-producing trees, peaking mountains, calming streams, and she is the sole reason for our mere existence?
Could it be the substantial rise in senseless violence from mass shootings to kidnappings to human trafficking? 
Or maybe it’s even our mental health as day by day it appears to me as if we all are losing more of our sanity? 
I guess that could just be a side effect of what has happened recently during this pandemic with us all losing track of the time as we are stuck in our homes—bored, sad, and frequently alone? 
Ooh, maybe my answer has to do with that?
Like how everyone should have and should continue to wear a mask for the sake of life but instead far too many refuse with apathetic comments and loads of selfishness? 

My thought process never ends or dies down, but it does often change perspective.
So maybe my response shouldn't be regarding a single event or based on one, awful tragedy but instead, a trait, an idea that can easily be extinguished if we put faith in the future, in our capacity to teach and lead, in our voices that can build awareness for the things that are in desperate need of attention, and our ability to make life brighter with a sense of unity, purpose, and passion.
But first, we must get an education and use inquiry to question the history, the past that reflects ignorance just like the present. 
Sadly, our biggest problem, our most powerful enemy of humanity has remained consistent.
So we must quit assuming that we are always correct and if we have no confidence that we might actually be right then we should work hard to gain just a bit of optimism and self-pride. 
This is how society will make big strides, how we will strive and overcome our greatest opposer, ignorance. 

Without it, we would have no prior opinions and accusations of others based on someone's identity because we would know that everyone around the world was beautiful and deserving. 
We must stop living in some ideal place when we could turn and face reality to stop history from repeating. 
This is my dream and like Martin Luther King, I believe that good is here, more is coming and we must act together with kindness to secure that our own children will live in a world filled with opportunity, positivity, knowledge, and especially, the goodwill of community.
So let us go educate one another and use empathy to heal these wounds between us for then we will be able to solve all of these threatening consequences that act as branches of the family tree known as generational ignorance. 

• ScarlettLucian

I completely agree - there are so many biggest challenges of our time to conquer! Great work. :)

• nolongeractive

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG YOUR COMMENT MADE MY DAY! Your comments are so incredibly kind and I am in tears reading them, they mean more to me than you will ever know and I really appreciate you taking the time to read my piece; it means everything! I love youuuu

• nolongeractive

Hi!!! One of my new pieces is out if you wanna check it out :)

• Zirong

re: awww thank you so much for your sweet comment! :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Of course, I completely understand.

• nolongeractive

May I ask where in America you are from?

• Zirong

wow this flows so well and is really thought-provoking. Also, I adore your language use. Keep up the AMAZING work!!! :)

• •TheVictoriousOne•

Literally where do I start.. this piece is so detailed, and you also give us the big picture. I also feel like my thought process die down, but I have the tendency to think of things from others perspective. I also agree with the fact that we need more of empathy in this world, and that we shouldn't degrade someone off skin tone. This piece is AMAZINGGGGG

• SamRose

Re: Aw, thanks so much!! :)

• Tachi

I really like your piece... it just so- WOW. I don't know how to explain it... I really like it though

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you, you too!

• nolongeractive

Re: I cannot believe your comments, and you are insanely kind. I appreciate them more than you know, xo!

Wow! I loved this! Your sentences were so structured and in your questions, the length and use of language in them really conveyed your true discontent and emotion! I love this unique answer because we truly do have so many problems! RE: Thank you for your super sweet words! My sister was so happy and awww, you're so sweet! :)

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so so so so so so so much for your comments, you are the best and your comments always make my day! Much love <3

• Nikki

oh my, i really like this piece! it makes me want to run out and do something so... well great great job!! :)
    re: omg! your comments always make my day. thank you so so much for your kind words. <33

• halle_cj

Re: genuinely, thanks a lot for all the feedback on my work, it really means a lot! :)

• halle_cj

Re: you too <3 i hope you get to see your friends soon! xo

• halle_cj

Re: thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me. i just want others who feel that to know that it’s okay xo <3