Nyla

15

To everyone reading this, have an absolutely amazing day :))

Ideas

PROMPT: March Grab Bag

8
A 100 word story based on a randomly generated word

Ideas are a figment of reality we choose to believe in because they fill our desires. Providing money, fame, power. Associated with a positive connotation, but all evil in this world was once innovative: factories making smog, paper cutting down trees, junk food causing diabetes. So what is progress other than a societal construct? Our efficiencies and cures have created new maladies. We have failed. Our “ideas” have ruined the planet. By moving forward, we have impaired ourselves for future growth. Forget optimism, we need to look at the realities. Or else, we’ve not met our own standards of moralities.
I swear I'm not some fringe person, I just wrote this weird paragraph somehow and thought I'd share it XD

1

• nolongeractive

This piece is amazing!! You are so talented. I really love your word choice and meaningful metaphors in it. You really have so much talent; I cannot wait to see what you write next.

• McK13

Ooh, this really makes me think!! It is all so true and I love how creative this piece is! I also like your use of asking a question in the middle and incorporating direct sentences because it makes it all that more honest seeming. Great job with this piece :)
    Re: I'm so thrilled that you liked my lyrics in That's What Friends Are For! I was so delighted to read your comment and know that you thought my piece was unique and professional sounding!!!!! :) My entire house is always asking why I'm so happy all of sudden when I'm typing on the computer to you probably because they think I'm writing an essay for ELA or doing other schoolwork lol. I'll always reply back to you as well and try my best to do it in less than 2-3 hours or so. I also read Michelle Obama's memoir and thought it was incredibly written -- you should totally read it sometime :) Surprisingly, I've never fully read The Hunger Games though I've tried to start at least twice. Both times, I had to read a book for ELA class so I always stopped reading Hunger Games to focus on that and would have to return it to the library lol. I've also never read Pride and Prejudice but since it's your favorite book and is such an essential classic, I will totally have to read it! I've heard of Life of Pi and it sounds really interesting! Golden Retrievers are so sweet! My grandma had one named Mac and he was so cuddly and sweet! If you get a puppy, you should totally name it Loki -- that would just be amazing! My dogs are Cooper and Callie and Callie is the one I'm holding in my profile pic just so you know :) Of course, I have so much fun commenting back and forth with you so thank you!

• maria.

Re: Hi Nyla! This piece is amazing! I'll be sure to review it later on when I get the chance - I have school now and won't be able to do it for a couple of hours. Also, I can totally relate to what you said - some days I get in the flow and can write for hours at a time but if it's not coming then it's simply not coming and it gets super frustrating - I have absolutely no idea how to draft a poem and that's probably bad but we'll get there one day! Have an amazing day :D

• Ellington Stone

I relate to this so much!! Thanks for writing it!!

This went from positive to negative like that *Snaps fingers* and I love it! Your thoughts are on point, and it's a very interesting take on ideas, something the whole of humanity is built on.

Hey Nyla! Thank you so much for the feedback on my poem! It's great to meet you! I'll be sure to check out your other works tomorrow, I'm just about to head to bed.

Also, about the 1 minute post, but 20 minute comments, there's a way we can repost pieces on the site. Most of us do it because it's really hard to get feedback on your piece when there are so many flooding the dashboard. I was confused too when I first came on the site, how the piece wasn't even published a minute ago, but had 5 peer reviews!? It's actually quite simple, but I can't type it all in a comment. Here's a link to a piece that tells you how to republish really simply: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/206176/version/423779

Hope you have a great day!

• VirginaTechGirl101

I know! I think Mr. Darcy has to be my favorite character, is his unique way of showing love. I find it fascinating how they didn't just instantly fall for each other, and it was a bumpy ride the whole way. :) What else do you read?

• VirginaTechGirl101

Sorry, the idiot who leaves three comments. But I have to say, I checked out your blog, and you read Pride and Prejudice! I've always been criticized for stuff like that. Brilliant ideas, no?

• VirginaTechGirl101

Also, you might want to reload periodically, it keeps you up to date :)

• VirginaTechGirl101

KEEP WRITING! IT'S GENIUS! Writing about an idea! On a more serious note, it's very true. Idea's do fill our life, drive our goals. I have a pen name, too! (Natalie Westfall) It feels so important. Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clemens!