BirdofPrey

Bookworm
Poet
Bi
Homophobes stay out plz!
Griffyndor
Athena cabin
Aries
Proud weirdo
She/Them
HUGE Rick Riordan fan
especially Heroes of Olympus and Lightning Thief
Aspiring attorney and falcon trainer
plz follow
and send me waffles ;)

Hii im back!!! Have a great day and go say hi to my friends & lunch buddies mirkat (em) and sci-Fi!!! Irl friends with high horizons!!!

more titles

2
there is an issue we need to address
this super-straight nonsense is making a mess
of all that we've worked for
all that we've made
is being torn down
by this "super-straight" grenade
being super straight
is not a sexuality
you have no place
in the lgbtq community
you hide among us
pretending to be like us
"coming out" isn't hard
when you really don't understand us
you say we oppress you
do you get killed for being straight?
are you illegal in seventy states?
if we say its transphobic
shut up and listen
you choose to ignore what we've been through
so I ignore your "preference"
you hide your obvious transphobia
behind our hopes and dreams
and by tearing down our community
you tear down both you and me
once you are killed
and mugged 
and arrested
hanged
and shot
and beaten
then you can have a flag
then you can stay with us
but that will never happen
to the biggest of bigots

• gabimarie (hiatus)

re: exactly! your beliefs are your beliefs but don't hide behind a label bc your beliefs are wrong.

• gabimarie (hiatus)

re: righttt it's so crazy the ideas and terms people can come up with. it's like identifying as queer is no longer a weird thing, it's almost coveted, and this is like straight people's way of trying"to keep up with the trend". It's shameful to see our community fetishized like this

• gabimarie (hiatus)

re: i know! lol i saw this tiktok that said that "super straight is the gayest things they've ever heard." i just think that until you are outright discrimanited against for who you love, then you can identify as queer. they're just hiding behind a blatant fear of the trans community, and that's not right. but it's soooo nice to meet someone who actually cares about this stuff! thank you for bringing this to light here :)

• gabimarie (hiatus)

YES as a bisexual I think that super straight is just so wrong. The definition is a straight person who is not attracted to trans people. BUT IF YOU LOOKED AT THE DEFINITION of straight, you would see people who are attracted to the opposite gender. I get it, sure, you're still living in the past or whatever, but can we NOT insult the years spent fighting for the ability to love who you want to love. People did not die so you could identify as super straight. Thank you for this poem that perfectly encompasses how I feel about this, and thanks for coming to my ted talk/rant :)