Ava Marie

Hi I'm Ava
15
She/Her

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Rock Climber

Always laughing
Beatlemaniac
Favourite book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Bad jokes are the best!
I draw occasionally
I love constructive criticism!

Joined: 11/14/2020

I know that this is over the 100 word limit, and that it's not really a story, but I like it so I don't care. Please let me know what you think!!

Light

PROMPT: March Grab Bag

9
a 100 word story based on a randomly generated word - the story title should be the word that you generated (by alyanna) *Note the word generator website is not affiliated with Write the World.

---
When the world is dark, find the light and turn it on.

Light doesn't just mean brightness, or something that blinds you if you look into it the wrong way. Light is more than that.
Light is finding moments of good in a world full of bad. It's appreciating these moments while they last, because they wont last forever. 
Light is the sunrise. Slowly making its way over the horizon to let us see. To help motivate us to continue on. Reminding us that everyday is a new beginning, filled with second chances and new ideas.
Light is trust. It's the calming feeling that washes over you when you know you can trust someone completely and that they'll always be there for you.
Light is flicking the light switch in your room every morning. It's forcing yourself adjust to the world around you, to see things differently, if only for a few seconds.
Light is inspiration. It's a new perspective, one that will continue to inspire our lives everyday. One that makes us feel creative, uplifted, and productive.
Light is consistency. The sun never fails to rise over the horizon every morning, so neither shall we. It's a reminder to keep going, keep shining, no matter how cloudy your world gets.
Light is hope. It's knowing that there will always be sunlight behind the winter clouds, and that the clouds will eventually disappear as the yellow rays of spring 

A 100 word story based on a randomly generated word - the story title should be the word that you generated (by alyanna) *Note the word generator website is not affiliated with Write the World.

Hope you guys like these! Please let me know what you think, I absolutely love feedback.

• Th€-L∆nd-B€TW€€n-Us

This is Beautiful! I always thought of light as something you have to fight for. But this makes me question that

• SamRose

I just submitted a review of this! I am going to do your newest poem too, since there was so little I could say about this one I think it is only fair. :) Besides, it’s my pleasure! Your writing is so good!

• Blue Jay

I also love this poem, it describes light in so many ways! This definitely made me think about light. Also, The Book Theif is also my favorite book!

• buddingauthor

Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea that a vast topic like light could be expressed so beautifully in just a few words, you absolutely nailed it!
    Re: Thank you so much! <3

• SamRose

Re: Oh, you are so sweet XD

• maria.

Oh this is so beautiful, light is one of the most amazing subjects to talk about and you discussed it so sophisticatedly (is that even a word?) and everything you said flowed flawlessly
    re: thank you so much for your comment! it really brightened up my day :)

• SamRose

Re: Aw, thx!

• Ellington Stone

Re: Thanks, you do too!! This is amazing, I love the repetition. The line, "Reminding us that everyday is a new beginning, filled with second chances and new ideas." spoke to me.

• Alias 3

This is beautiful :)