mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

altered

14

once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a princess with golden tresses and ribbons to match. 
clarity was her name, for the king’s universe widened with startling clarity when she was born. but while the king fussed over his daughter, clarity opened her eyes to the world. 
she saw the suffering in the streets of her father’s kingdom, someday to be her’s. she saw hunger eat away at the citizens and yet her father devoured his “supper fit for the king” without a second thought. clarity was fed up, to say the least. every day, her people fighting to stay alive, fighting to live until the tomorrow. but all the upper kingdom did was throw elaborate parties night after night, feigning innocence. 
why was she, the royal princess, the last shard of clarity left in the whole upper kingdom? but that was soon to be changed, clarity pledged to herself. soon they would begin to see, begin to wake up. after all, she had a plan for that.

once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a peasant girl dressed in grime. 
ellis was her name and she wanted out. out of the lower kingdom, out of the hypocrisy factory above. the forest called to her, promising birdsong and crystal clear streams and wildflowers. she wanted the stars, she wanted the sky, she wanted out. 
ellis had seen what the fever had done to her mother, confined to her bed for two years now. the sunken eyes and flushed cheeks that loomed over her conscious every hour of every day could only be endured for so long. besides, hollow stomachs were getting old. the forest would offer shelter and food, salvation and clarity. 
ellis and her mother were leaving tomorrow. it was all decided, there was no turning back now.

once upon a time, in a land far, far away,
two girls met in a wood 
and the world collapsed unto itself. 

um i guess i was in the mood for a fairytale? i don't know, writer's block does strange things to my mind...
<3<3<3

1

• rwong

ok so i literally just missed this. for an entire week. ahhhhhhh im v mad at myself but that aside, this piece is so gorgeous and beautiful and breathtaking and I STILL CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS PIECE ARGHHH also clarity's name is just amazing
    anyway sending love and how are you doing?? <3 <3

• ANSON REYNOLDS

and the world collapsed unto itself.... dang. that's girl power right there! I love the names, btw :))

• Booklover12

I love this! The ending gave me goosebumps and a smile that a writer would say was was wondrous! I want to know what happens!!! (I also adored the beginning!)

oooooooh this is wonderful, i was completely swept away with it!!! i love love love how you created clarity's character; her name and her ability to see how things really were.... it's wonderful!! i also love ellis. partly because i just love the name ellis... but also because her character seems strong and stubborn and i love reading characters like that XD
    re: ikkkkk it's not sunday but i'm just coming on to reply to those comments then i'm disappearing again :) i'm really glad you liked this week's collection of poems! part two and three were actually after one of my father's friends passed away... so it really means a lot to me that they meant something. and i'm glad you liked the other ones as well :))
    i agree with your statement that humans generally are unsatisfied with what they have--or can't see their own gifts/blessings. and it made me smile when you said that you admire my pieces because i feel the exact same way about yours; yours are just too amazing and talented for me to ever be that good (and i'm glad you have found a way to remind yourself that you can't compare them because they're completely different. i'm getting there ;))
    ahh thanks for your sweet comment about my musical!!! i'm so, so happy to even be in it, but to get a speaking role... well, it makes me feel like maybe i do have a place in the theater, which i've been kinda doubting a little bit. kratnoff is happy ;)) yeahh last year when i was in middle school we also just used a gym for our stage, and we had a few curtains but nothing fancy, and the girls' dressing room was legit a storage room!! WITH the stuff still inside!! XD ohh and there was this thing called the Kissing Wall (which makes me cringe now bc COVID) where you put on lip stick and kissed the wall so it made a mark and then wrote your name, the show, and the year underneath it. it was a tradition!! you'd be surprised, these kiss marks covered a three- or four-foot section of the wall, all the way up to the ceiling!! :)
    ohhhh that does sound really stressful about the high schools... i'm sorry!! i didn't have to make any choice, i just went straight to our local high school. it was sad tho because the middle school i went to split into two different high schools (which made me SO mad) and so about half of my friends go to the other one. :/ not nearly as stressful as your predicament but still frustrating lol...
    ikk! im sooo happy we get to go in-person. if it had been virtual, i probably wouldn't have done it. i reallyyy hope we can have a small audience for the show--i mean, it will be in late April so maybe...??? but that would be SO much fun to be able to perform live. and i'm definitely not "happy-go-lucky not nervous about anything" haha!!! i can't do public speaking, i usually freak out on opening night and forget about half of my lines/dances, and i TOTALLY understand the wobbly voice thing. that happens to me every time :) i think being a theater kid isn't the absence of those things, it's just loving acting and dancing and singing so much that you learn how to work past them to do it anyways!! :)
    i'm glad you had a good day! carrot muffins, mmmmmm those sound so yummy!! i wish i baked more often. i love to bake but sometimes i just can't find the motivation XD especially when stuff takes like 6 hours lol... i can't plan ahead that much!! ooooh full time in school? we go back on March 29! so exciting!! hope it goes well for you :)
    writers block sucks... i get it. :/ but Anne of Green Gables--yes!! that's definitely one of my major comfort books. it just cheers me up every time i read it!! ohh if you need another comfort-type book, read the Penderwick series. they might be a little young, but they are, to this day, my most loved comfort books. ahhh there's just nothing like them :)
    i've never been on a cable car either, but i have seen them in the city!! we also live kinda near minneapolis/st.paul, so i've been around both quite a bit. it's so weird to think about how different the city is from the suburbs, and the suburbs from the country! my grandparents live wayy out in the country, and it's SO much fun to drive out there where it's all fields and horse pastures (every time we pass a horse on the drive my sister whinnies at it lol) and there's just so much SPACE, it feels freeing!
    sorry for going off on the tangent haha :)
    yess vaccines!! crossing my fingers :) i don't know if i've actually been INSIDE of a grocery store since last March.... maybe once. i can't remember. that's insane!! and yeah like you said there's so much that just didn't happen.... :/ oh well. moving forward, we'll just have to have DOUBLE the sleepovers in order to make up for it! :P
    ooooh camp sounds so fun! i also am going to a summer camp--it's actually a church camp, and they managed to do it last year, too (with a number of safety precautions) so i've only ever known if COVID-ified. I wonder how different it will be when i go this year, if we don't have to stay 6-feet away and stuff!! i really hope yours can run as well and be super-duper fun and safe and yayyyyy :D
    wow that was a very poetic thought, our interactions between the other moments of our days! it is funny to think of you and wonder what you're doing, or who you're talking to, or what's on your mind! :) thanks for being my virtual friend! <3 it really is beautiful!!!
    yay well i'll look at the moon too if i can and think of you! you always make me smile :) i'd better finish this comment before it gets even longer haha !! see you next sunday :) <3

• Sophiascb

please, please continue! Love this, and the use of Clarity's name. I'm always up for a classic fairytale story;) your imagery is beautiful as well!