Nyla

15

My first kind-of attempt at prose poetry so please let me know how to improve!!

Her

12
Contrasting with others whose voices are alike kettles boiling, hers is sweet and flowy like honey. Face scrunching up as she rapidly types, searching a thesaurus for her perfect word. She captures all the beauty in the world through a few sentences. Talent and art has never found a truer definition. She takes pride in her work and cares for the simple things of life like seeing a silken multicoloured butterfly or a cold brooding moon. She sees positivity in the negativity. Her sleepy but affectionate, noticeably gentle tan eyes are deeper than a thousand oceans and ground me to her natural beauty. Her skin contains more warmth than a summer’s day in India. Her intelligence is incomparable, always with her button nose stuck in a well-read book. Glasses that frame her soft face. Wide-eyed and innocent, angelic and intense. Hair falling over shoulders, she gives the most wondrous smile, capturing more joy than could ever pass through a child's heart. Her movements are graceful and she walks with poised purpose. Her satin dress flows around her legs as she twirls in delight. Delicate and polite yet fierce and determined. She compliments and contradicts every supposed preposition as she takes my mind hostage. Night and day, I dream of her, though no figment of reality can truly capture her as she is in her purest form. No mountain, lake, river, nor cloud holds more dazzle or elegance- of that I am certain. She is beauty, grace, generosity, and kindness. This world doesn't deserve her. She is everything. Love has never meant anything until I met her. And yet, she will never know.
Ok, this is very cringy but I think we'd all like to be talked about like this someday.

2

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Haha! Thank you so much! If those expectations are too high, than I think we all might need to re-evaluate xD

• Just_A_Memory

This is simply gorgeous!! <3 *Sigh* I want someone to describe me like that one day. The descriptions are very well done!

• Parisienne

OMG THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!! *sighs wishing someone thought of me like this*, seriously though this is beautiful and yess we all want someone to think of us like this.
    re: sorry for this late reply but thankkk youuu I am so glad if u liked it (sorry cos it was quite a dark piece). Dw, my poetry is often majorly depressing because, like you, I draw from past experiences and exorcise those trapped emotions through my writing (vampire-like is the best way to be). Hope nobody's hurt you though *angrily marches over to Canada to beat up anyone who has* (Canada seems sooo amazing though - you lucky thing living there!)
    Hope you are having a good day :)

• BriRiley

Re: Sure! I’m doing it now :D

• BriRiley

Re: Thank you! Btw what do you want me to review?

• nopenopenope

ack, okay here's the thing, i sort of lost..the motivation to finish it.

so i wrote glee fanfiction instead lol

i promise i'll get back on the horse soon, i just really wanted to write this fanfic for some reason??

• nolongeractive

Haha thanks so much! I cannot wait to read it:

• McK13

Wow! This is wonderfully written and I love how descriptive you are! Your imagery is amazing and every single sentence draws me in more and more! And, I really love how at the end, I'm still intrigued, wanting to keep reading! I still keep reading this over and over because of how incredibly lovely it is :)

re: omg!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your AMAZING words! Of course, you deserved every single comment -- your writing is absolutely sensational!!! Aww, again I can't stop smiling whenever I read your kind comments! You are such a bright light in this world so keep on shining! And I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me that you enjoy my writing and take the time to write such fantastic comments for me :) And, yes, I have two super adorable Labradoodles named Cooper and Callie!! Oh, bummer, well I really hope that one day you will be able to get a puppy -- they are so much fun :)

Re: Thank you soo much for your kind comment! <3

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

Re: Thanks a bunch! Seeing that people enjoy my writing really makes my day :D
    (alsoo, this is a wonderful piece as well. Amazingg!)

• ~rain~

Wow, this is an amazing piece. I do the same exact thing and think it's cringey but omg the way you describe things is absolutely perfect!! And yes, I'll surely let you know when there's more :)