~rain~

christian <3
bookworm
future author
~~~~~
my fave tom holland quotes:
"the harder you try, the better the impression you set on the people around you."
"don't call her hot, call her beautiful. she's a girl, not a cup of tea."

privet (that's hello in Russian, where my family's from)! i'm rainey, but please just call me rain :)
~~~~~
thanks so much for 150!!!!!!!! y'all are the best!!!!!!! on the way to 200!!!!!
~~~~~
if you want a review, please ask and i'll try to get to it asap!!
~~~~~
check out:
my wtw twin, Delphiruns2theocean
my funny bestie, beth r
my marvel enthusiast bestie, serien
~~~~~
my goals on wtw: reach 200 followers by august, write a FULL novel/series (sorry for the last like 10), be your friendly neighbor <3
~~~~~
currently obsessed with:
~marvel
~tom holland (HE. IS. MINE.)
~harry potter
~the hunger games
~carpool karaoke (with james corden)
~dr pepper
~~~~~
have a wonderful dayyyyy!!!!

My Dream: A Career In Music

PROMPT: Dream Big

6
Ever since I was little, I've listened to some of the greatest pop stars. Taylor Swift, for instance, has been singing since the mid-2000's. Her music is known worldwide. She's been in movies, such as 'The Lorax'. She's gotten to know other extremely famous people. Then there's rising stars, such as the new German pop singer, Zoe Wees, who might become another of the greatest singers of all time. We can't forget other singers like Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Adele, Zayn Malik (known as Zayn), and Shawn Mendes. I want to be like them someday, but not for the fame.

When I was in fourth grade, I joined my school's chorus. I didn't know what to expect or what would come out of it. I just decided to join because I liked music and wanted to learn more. That's when I discovered my voice. My teacher was in awe that a little girl who hardly even sang had a voice like mine, making me feel not only special, but as if I had a new dream. When I got home that day, I told my parents that I found something hidden, a gift that was truly from God. So I sang a song for them to prove it. They were just as impressed as my music teacher.

I started getting solos for songs like 'A Million Dreams', which we did in fifth grade once The Greatest Showman came out. I didn't like singing much in front of other people at the time. Finding things to believe in was hard at the time, with my dad being on deployment. So I talked to my school counselor and she told me that her dad was in the army and passed away a few years back. The way she solved her depression issues was listening to music, and she recommended for me to start listening to artists who write meaningful lyrics. So that's when I started listening to LOTS of Lauren Daigle and Danny Gokey, both of which write Christian music and inspired me more than anyone could. I wanted to meet both of them, but all of the concerts over the summer that came to Florida were when we were on vacation. God blessed me though, with two amazing people who had unique voices but the most amazing songs.

In the middle of my fifth grade year, I moved to a new school. I made new friends and had a new chorus teacher. She wasn't the most experienced person, gave me all of the solos because she practically hated all of the kids in the fourth and fifth grade. I was stressed at that year's spring concert. I managed to push through, even though my shoulders felt like they had bricks of nervousness. Afterwards, everyone congratulated me, saying that I was amazing. I felt amazing too, since I was able to do something I never thought I could do. I got opportunities at All State Chorus and All County Chorus, which I refused due to time with my dad, who was coming back the same day as the first rehearsal for All State.

Middle school was a whole new ballpark. I was nervous to go into middle school, with new kids, new teachers, and new surroundings. I dragged through the first five classes of my first day with a friend who went to elementary school with me. My sixth class, however, was chorus. My new teacher, Mr B., was not only a kind teacher but he was supportive. About two weeks into the school year, we got music to start practicing. To my surprise he gave us 'This Little Light of Mine', 'Hey Look Ma, I Made It' by Panic! At The Disco, and 'Rise Up' by Andra Day. I was expecting more music from plays and musicals, but middle school was different.

This time, there were many other great singers. I didn't feel as pressured, nor did anyone else. Now in seventh grade, being at home and all is hard with chorus. Mr B isn't at the school anymore. I don't feel like I'm learning the things I should be learning. But that isn't stopping me at all. I've been singing at church, singing in the car, singing whenever I can because without practice, you can't get better. I honestly don't care about how many times my brothers have heard me sing 'I Don't Care' by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber within the last two days. If it's been forty times, that's great. If they're annoyed because they never want to hear the song again, that's even better. All I need to do is practice and work hard, then I'll earn my dream career and become tomorrow's Taylor Swift.

At the beginning I said, not just for the fame. I want to write meaningful lyrics that people will keep with them and treasure. Lauren Daigle did that. Her song 'You Say' was originally just a Christian song, but then people outside of Christian music started listening to her and thought that her words were perfect for the time we're in with the pandemic. One day, I'll be like her.

1

I admire this so much. Lauren Daigle and Taylor Swift, yessss! I wish I could hear you sing. What kind of voice do you have? (Asking as someone who has zero knowledge of vocals or anything and is learning ukulele but knows only down strums)
    Also Have you heard of Sleeping At Last? Their genre is a little confusing (new age, indie, folk, indie pop, folk-pop, alternative, formerly with emo influence back in like 2000) but I recently read an old interview with the singer (Ryan O’Neal, he’s the only one left in the group) and he said something like “I decided early on that I never wanted to force my faith into my music, and I never wanted to force my faith out of my music.” And I though that was just brilliant. I didn’t know he was a Christian until reading that interview, so that was really cool.

• flying_elephant10

I love this so, so much! I bet you have a stunning voice and i wish i could hear you sing. Keep chasing your dreams!

• Awesome Sienna

I love Lauren Daigle! Follow your dreams girl!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

This is awesome! I love lots of pop singers, though most people know me as a country girl :) 'I Don't Care' is one of my favorites! Anyways, I'm sure you have an amazing voice :)
    Re: Yay ok! Hm, next week I might do women who went through super hard times (with a better title of course :P) and I'll be sure to use these!!!

• Booklover12

Re: I will be checking back to this piece often then! I cannot wait to hear one of your songs! :)

• Booklover12

I love this! I bet that you have a great voice and with your determination and perseverance I have faith that one day you'll be a well known musician!

Re: Thank you for reading my piece! My school has more limitations than I talked about too, but I wanted to talk about more things and I had the word limit. I suck at managing my word count. No open toe shoes is crazy though, I didn't think schools cared about that!