Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update (3/7/2021) (morning): Thankfully today I didn't wake up with much more joint pain than usual, but I had to skip (socially distanced) church again because of my fatigue. Sure I can watch the live stream, but I miss being able to actually see people.
Update (early afternoon): The pain has gotten worse. But honestly, I hate the crippling fatigue and brain fog more.
Update (early evening): Feeling a little better atm.

bedbound

17

I press the handheld massager to my neck, shoulders, knees, ankles...
the buzzing machine trying its hardest
to take away this endless ache.

"Coat hanger pain"
once a looming threat, now a daily reminder
that this body is not within my realm of control.

My joints fall out of place with every motion,
I can't feel the shift, only
the evidence that things are not as they should be.
*sigh* everything hurts today and I'm just so freaking exhausted

I love how you start off setting the scene before actually saying what's wrong. and you used auditory imagery (buzzing) which was awesome because that's often left out! "this body is not within my realm of control." was just- I loved that!
    RE: Aww, thank you so much!! I'm actually working on making it
    (say the following word in a spooky voice) creepier (end spooky voice) now!
    And ooh nice, I just searched it up! Wow, that's so cool! I never knew there were Christian fiction books! Ancient Rome is super interesting as well so that's awesome! My favorite oooh would have to be a tie, Pride and Prejudice was the most romantic book of all time. But right now I'm reading Life of Pi and not only is it so artfully worded but God is constantly talked about in it which is really awesome! Ok, if you had to have one superpower, what would it be?

• miherseed

I love this piece because it resonates with what I’m feeling at the moment. I love how you manage to evoke so much emotion in such limited words—language is a tool that is particularly hard to hone up to its potential, but it seems you’re doing that just fine.

Re: Your words never fail to make me smile and continue writing. Just know that they are appreciated and very much so, I appreciate you and your overflowing kindness. You make me have faith in tomorrow again. :))

Re: Thank you <3

Re: <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 *sending hugs, love, prayers and kisses*

I'll try not to :( But if you EVER need ANYTHING, I'm here for you ok? No problem <3 re: :)

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry you're not feeling good. Aa now I'm gonna cry. I'm so sorry you're going through this pain. My sister has chronic fatigue and I know how insanely hard it is for her, and I know how much it SUCKS. I pray you feel better soon <3 (Re: Awww thank you! Aha yes, I just thought I might as well use my real name as people probably already know it lol)

• happygiggles

Re- Thank you so much! Hope you're feeling somewhat better! <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: np :)

• lochnessie

oh gosh. so sorry. take time for yourself ok? <3

• abi's pov

i'm so sorry, dear. i hope you're feeling a bit better today. ik i'm not as active on WtW as i used to be, but if you ever need to vent/need someone to distract you with terrible dad jokes, i'm 100% here for you, dude. great writing per usual, but remember to take some rest and a deep breath. <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: of course!

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi, Anne. I’m so sorry you’re not feeling great! Praying for you. Hope you feel better ASAP!

• Jasmine khawar

Aww I'm so sorry for you. Hope you'll feel better soon! Take some rest, a cup of coffee and sit outside thinking about nature...you'll feel good :)
    Sending all my love <3

<3<3

• one hundred forty-seven | ISFP writer

Oh man, I'm so sorry. That sounds terrible. You did a good job writing about it in my opinion. Hey, listen, I'm about to go to bed, and I'm not active on Write the World on Sundays, but come chat to me if you ever need to. I know how you must feel, and I'll be praying for you.

• happygiggles

Sometimes, you just gotta take a breather and recharge. I know it's probably not fun, but it just has to be done. Sending virtual hugs <3