Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

yes ik the title is kind of an oxymoron

the literal bunny-trail of my mind

9
me, trying to be productive and clean my room: suddenly realizing what it would mean if one of my best friends (basically my brother) leaves for college in FL. I get sad and almost start crying. In order to cope, I turn to writing. I finish and publish it on wtw (these days don't last forever so make the most of them). All of a sudden, my mind isn't as sad and I can think again. My mind then turns to my other writings and I can't remember if I posted my chapter for Traitors and Rebels. I didn't, so I go and write/edit/publish/notify. I then get lost on Instagram for ten minutes.
me: suddenly looking around myself and realizing almost an hour has gone by. My room still isn't clean and my clothes are half folded.

thanks a lot, Distraction. What did I ever do to you? Or are you teaming up with Procrastination now? Is this some biased grudge against me? 

me, now realizing I wasted another five minutes on writing this random and pointless post... *facepalm*

• serein

re: I'm so glad you enjoyed it! You should definitely write one. I would totally read it! Yeah, looking back, I'm able to realize a lot of things that I never recognized when I was ten.
    Oh you should definitely visit Italy!! I'm sure you would enjoy it :)

• serein

re: aw no it was no problem at all! It was really helpful. I think I might just publish a piece with the q & a in the footnotes :)

• serein

re: o my goodness thank you so much you really are too kind!! That was so helpful :)

• serein

hey! how are you? So i recently reached 100 followers, and in celebration of that I wanted to do a q and a. I'm kinda worried it's gonna be taken down, so I looked up "q and a" in the search box to see if there are any, and I saw you did several that haven't been taken down yet. I dunno this is kinda going to be a weird question I guess but do you know why that would be? Cause I've heard from others that theirs got swiped by the admins and i was just curious as to why yours wasn't. Did you do something different? Sorry I'm super weird and this is such a stupid question lol but I'm desperate to do a q and a....

• Parisienne

re: Yesss you must visit Paris - it really is a dream of a place!
    Awhhhh your German story about the couple on the bench is just....awh....what I hope for in life. That sounds like an incredible trip...please tell me more about Morocco I have ALWAYS wanted to go!! Never worry about ranting to me about travel - I could talk for YEARS about it!! Man, I wanna travel soooo bad too !!
    Yes, I've been really lucky to see a large amount of Europe. I've been to France twice (three if we count Disney - but that's sort of on its own planet), been to Copenhagen, Prague, Italy, Spain and I travelled solo out to the Netherlands to see my sister (she was staying out there for a summer). I've never been outside of my lil continent (SO jealous that you've been to Africa) but I really hope to one day. I basically want to visit everywhere I can - China, Amritsar, Morocco, Ethiopia, Thailand, Canada, USA, South America (try out my spanish) and New Zealand to name but a few. Sorry, now I am the one rambling. Where do you wanna go?
    I really adored the way you told that piece, and thank you for sharing where they are *adds them to bucket list*. I will definitely remember your Mac n cheese tip - I am such a foodie.
    Have a great day <3

Re: haha yep it’s like Michael Scott said (I’m prob misquoting) “Sometimes I start a sentence [or story, or song, or anything] and I don’t know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”
    Re again: Yep it’s Utah!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so so much!

• Parisienne

re: of c you can come live in the Desert city - I'll let you know once I've built the fortress :)

love the pfp also

XD XD i feel thisssssss
    re: thank you! i wish i could hear my songs with melodies too XD cause i don't usually have something definitive unfortunately. eventually it'll come together. i hope.
    and you're soooo close with the "Right of Way" location! Southwest is right... not Montana. Never been there, although I'd love to go. The huckleberries were a random detail—i think the drink itself is imported from Wyoming or something. I can't recall the brand. But you're on the right track—just west of Colorado (although I do like Colorado too).

• Parisienne

Sorry my comment was posted before I was done typing (grrr). Paris is definitely worth a visit, it was a total dream come true for me. Ooooh you like art - I adore art too! The galleries in Paris are some of the best so yes, you must go some time.
    Thank you for all the sweet things you have said about my writing - I always worry there are too many metaphors so I am glad if you thought it was okay :)
    Have a great day/night. Love your username btw
    Becca <3

• Parisienne

re: Hi!! Thank you so much for all your kind words about my writing, you are so sweet! I am glad you enjoyed my pieces so much :D
    woahh I am jealous you have been to Germany (I've never had the chance to go) - whereabouts did you get to visit?

• serein

re: Oh same! I used to think the fifth graders were so old, just like when I was in sixth grade I thought the eighth graders were so old. And now I'm fifteen and everyone seems so tiny.
    Ah that's good advice thank you! I'll try to take it to heart :)

• Parisienne

sameeeee

• Ava Marie

re: Ya you got it.
    Also, I love this piece so much! Bedrooms just have this affect on you that make it so that you can't clean them without distractions

• serein

O lol this is SO funny. I am sad to say I relate. (the last couple lines tho...they spoke to me at a spiritual level)