Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

"a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts"

these days don't last forever so make the most of them

11
Things change. That fact is inevitable. 
But I never realized how much this hurts. 
Saying goodbye.

A realization hit me. And it hit me hard. 
My friends are getting older. 
I am getting older

School, college, new chapters. Life as I know it is about to change. 
It starts slow...so subtle you don't realize until it is too late. 
Learning to drive, getting jobs, college acceptance letters. 
and then it just hits you.
These days won't last forever.

People move on. People move away. 
My mom tells me that high school friendships almost never last. 
why not? 
I want these to last. 

• Parisienne

This is so poignant, I love the feeling of almost present nostalgia that you managed to convey. It's really beautiful. 'School, college, new chapters. Life as I know it is about to change' - know the feeling, life honestly just feels so rapid and changeable atm. You really show that feeling tho :)

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

i actually teared up a little; it's hard to imagine change, and that the most beautiful things will fade from your grasp. you captured the longing and pain perfectly <3

re: thank you so much for your comments!! they made my day :)

• useless :)

oh wow. u really did capture the feeling perfectly, stating some of the lines in such a simple and innocent way makes it even better. "My friends are getting older. I am getting older." and "why not? I want these to last." those hit hard lol. i've thought about how it seemed like a year is so long, yet it's only 52 weeks and i find myself saying, "this week went by fast" almost every time. and like, 14 years is literally the entire span of my existence and yet last year went by so quickly...it's just weird to think about. srry for this kinda random train of thought haha, gj on this piece tho :)
    re: i'm srry for the late response!! i've only gotten around to reading a couple of the t&r chapters bc i've been veryy busy, but they're really good so far. i can't wait to read more of them, and i'll do that soon!

Oh... this aches.

• serein

AAAA stop this is too true. I feel like it was only yesterday when I was in sixth grade all happy and innocent. And now im in ninth, homeschooling myself amid a pandemic.
    Aaaargh this is too sad...

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Woah, this is so meaningful and relatable. Wow.

ahhh i've been thinking about this a lot... everything moves so quickly. growing up is happening. you captured all the feelings perfectly