V-Rose

15
Proud Catholic
House Augustine!
Writer/Reader
Coffee Addict
Lioness

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Queen of the zombies
Ruler of the apocalyptic world
Slightly obsessed with dragons

Rohan's Defender's twin/cousin/sister/cognate

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with this, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.
Prompt:

Half the names on the list had already been crossed off.

Check out Rohan's Defender and Coolgirl! Honestly, these are some of the most awesome people ever! And they write beautifully! Also, books4life is working on an HG fanfic and you NEED to go read it!

Also, if you need someone to rant to... I'm right here, ready to listen. And if you ever need someone to do a review, I'm here. And if you need a hug, I've got a few of those, too.

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

The Crown of Dragons

7
A crown sat upon the heads of dragons
Strong, powerful, endless
They flew with hearts of diamond and steel
And stood unbreakable

Until they didn't...
Until the crown fell
and hit the ground
with an explosion that shook
the world.

Now it lays divided,
torn between kings and queens

Stone of ruby
bright as the blood of the ancients
that set the hearts aflame

Jewel of emerald
spreading life to all its life touched
and daring the world to live

Chain of gold
linking all dragons to the endless sky
like a promise never to be broken

A crown will sit upon the heads of dragons
Once more, strong
Once more, powerful
Once more, endless
They will fly with hearts of diamond and steel
And stand unbreakable

Rise, young queen of the sky
Take up the heavy crown of dragons
And it will lie weightless on your head
Take up your rightful crown
Restore the reign of the dragons.

Stand!
Strong like the high reaching mountains
Stand!
Powerful like the trees that hold up the sky
Fly.
Endless, as dragons were meant to be

Find and take up your crown, my queen.

Aww I love how this started out strong and happy, went sad, and then circled back to empowerment! And the second last stanza (well I mean the last stanza isn't really a stanza but I mean the "Stand! Strong[...]" one) was my favourite, I love the format and repetition!
    RE: Aww thank you so much, I can't wait to read it, and no worries at all! And hahah, I have no idea how you are able to write tens of chapters of stories! I've written so many story excerpts lately, I've completely forgotten about continuing any (especially that one!) but maybe :)

also, chapter 34 is out for T&R
    (33 is also out but i forgot to notify--the link is in the footnotes of 34)

• Elizabeth Lewis

I love this so much!!!! It makes you feel daring and courageous and brave!!! I love how you wrote it and the story in the poem is amazing!!! Good job!

Re: Ah yeah I definitely understand selective patience. Finishing a good book? Yes. Memorizing a random Hebrew song? Totally. Watching an online biology lesson? What do you think I am, made of time?

Re: Haha true! I think I saw a hack somewhere that using a blowdryer on cool helps dry them quickly.

Re: That's valid! I only wear it for special occasions myself. Ah cool about painting your nails. I have some nail polish but for some reason kinda suck and painting my nails lol so I don't really do it. Nice that it made you feel nice. :) *starts singing I Feel Pretty*

Re: Haha that's a mood! I'm doing well too. Today I put makeup on for the first time in forever just to remind myself how it works lol (and I also put on my favorite formal dress) and I feel pwetty.

Hey, V! How are ya? What's up?

• Lizzie R

Sorry, I just completely vented

• Lizzie R

This is incredible!! I love the perfect imagery you've portrayed and your style of writing is just beautiful! I love this piece so much :)))

Re: Thank you so much :) I might still write in my free time and use it as an outlet for my emotions and things like that but I feel like I should think about something more practical career-wise. So many people dream about going into the music industry and making an impact with their music but only 0.000002% of people will actually make it. I think crushing my dreams now and going down a different path will help me in the future and save me the heartbreak. I'm going to deal with my pain of losing something I love and want so bad now and then I'll be over it.

at first i thought this said crowd of dragons. crown is so much more fitting tho. all joking aside--this is hecka amazing!!! i cant even describe it!!!

also, chapter 32 for T&R is out ;)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Woah, this is so amazing!! I absolutely love it, the tone and imagery and everything.. it’s great!!

• Charisse Marison

I'm only up to book 5! It is SUCH a good series! My favorite is definitely Keefe, who's yours?

• Charisse Marison

I am speechless :O
    So beautiful, outstanding, fantastic- I could go on and on!
    Also, are you a KOTLC fan!? I saw Cognate and I was like "Heck yes!"