Minvra

I enjoy reading and been doing this as my past time a lot.
Love cooking, and learning in general. But I am not overly fond of school.

Hello, I'm Minvra.
I am a fan of:
Percy Jackson
A Throne of Glass
Holes
Gated
Adventure Time songs (Everything stays)
Rebecca Sugar's Music
Olivia Olson (voice actor of Vanessa in Phineas & Ferb and Marceline in Adventure Time)

Dreams:
Figure out what I want to do.
Do
A storyteller

All writing is practice. It doesn't matter how you start or whether you can start perfectly. It's that you can get hooked to it. Action brings motivation.

Strange Mom

4
“How’s work?” It’s friggin annoying.
Alica fixed a smile on her fair skin. “It’s slow.”
Alica’s fingers itched to smash something. Even as far as smashing the only computer in the house to bits. But it wasn’t hers. It was a dino. She would also have to deal with her mother’s wrath because she’s an intense gamer stuck in the 2020s. Headset and multiple screens and a black keyboard, but it was nothing compared to the screens she’s seen in her friend’s house. You could flick a colored keyboard back into reality and the only thing taking up space on the table was the projector. 
       "I remember my first job," Mom's amber eyes flickered. "Seven minutes of slavery."
       "What?"
       "There was this manager who told me I missed a spot..."
       Alicia shifted in her seat. Mom meant well trying to be carefree in her special way, but there was something weird about the woman who changed your diapers trying to be buddy-buddy with you. She's kinda stuck in her own world.
       Alicia preferred this side of her. Alicia wasn't sure if Mom was aware, but her molten eyes would turn a thousand degrees sharper in those focused moments. The first time was when she told Alicia to wait inside when an Amazon deliverer came by. Alicia rushed her little legs to the window and peaked through the curtains hanging to the side of the door. She was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, her arms crossed. Alicia didn't see any package at the entrance when the man left.
There's literally no theme in this lol. I just wanted to making something more energetic and sort of mysterious or something. 

• SamRose

Hey! I just had my Peer Review Club posts taken down for them being social posts. XD So, just wanted to let everyone know we will have to continue this in comments only. I will let you know your assigned pieces in comments only, and when/if you have questions, just leave me a comment! And you can let friends know about the club, and if they want to join, just have them let me know! :) I will send you a comment in a couple weeks when we do a new round of reviews, and you can just comment on one of my pieces with your pieces to review, you probably get the idea. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions!

• SamRose

Re: You are totally welcome to participate! Let me know which pieces you would like reviews of and I’ll sign you up! :)

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thank you so much for your comment. It's always really interesting to see how people interpret my work. I definitely think that exclusion is a piece of it. It's also, in my opinion, sort of about how I long to be part of a culture with deep-rooted traditions, and how being able to simply have faith would be nice

• Nikki

omg! this is... just so cool! it leaves the reader confused and wanting to know more! beautifully done!
    re: hi girl! yes indeed. i really need to get to writing a review ;)
    haha yes it totally does. umm so i really am not that sure. i like thinking of it like a beautiful creature who walks in the woods. like somebody not evil, but surely powerful. somebody mystical <3
    evil could be some sort of elf? i dont know. this is mostly from reading 'Cruel Prince' XD

This is kinda funny. Good work!
    Re: yeah, thanks for the advice. I just need to get up the guts to maybe drop more hints and talk more. We are both too introverted. : (

Re: Np :) Haha lol

• SamRose

Re: :) I'll try

Re: Thanks! Oh haha, don't worry, I didn't see you eating :'P Your room is so cute!

• SamRose

Re: Oh, thank you! I should totally do that! :) That is such a good idea!! :)))

Omg wait- there's so much mystery in this! And I love the descriptions- it just adds to that!