Nyla

15

Let me know what you think :)

Silence

PROMPT: The Drabble

13
What is there to do when the ones you love the most are the ones holding you back?
The hardest words to leave your mouth, 
Leave me be
I want to be free
Needs to come out
but it doesn’t.

Silence.

You stay as you always have.
Hiding in the shadows like you feel you deserve.
But you are more.

You are worthy,
Great,
Strong,
Intelligent.

You are the best of this world and yet, you are out of this world.
Magnificent and grand,
You stand tall,
And yet you bawl.

Why?

Why do you not see you, like I?

• acrosstheuniverse28

Oh my goodness, I love this so much! So powerful and absolutely beautifully written!
    Re: Thank you so much for the comment <3

• Zirong

This hits so hard... I can't help reading it over and over again... you are really talented!!!

• sci-Fi

Re: uhm, YES! Definitely one of my favorite books. Will always recommend.
    OMG that's crazy!! Did u get a cool new laptop?

• McK13

This is so impactful, stunning, and so uplifting! I feel so empowered by your writing and I feel like your words speak so clearly and genuinely! The ending line is so amazing, fitting perfectly with the whole piece! Also, I think that it's super relatable because I feel like I see other people entirely different than how they see themselves and vice versa. As usual, spectacular job!!

Re: aww, you're so sweet (I know, I keep saying that, but it's so so true!) and your comments always make me smile! I also really liked the line with the puppy, especially because I have two dogs and I love playing with them all the time! I'm so happy that my piece made you happy! Thank you for each and every one of your super kind comments and for writing such wonderful pieces :)

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Hit straight to home, wow.

• First Name Last Name

re: thank you! I like this piece as well! very powerful and lots of meaning

This is really powerful.
    Re: I personally really like Dickens's book Great Expectations, but if you wanted to start with a shorter one I would suggest A Christmas Carol. He does tend to be rather long-winded, just warning you!

• useless :)

this is the first piece i've read of yours so welcome to WtW!! i hope u have an amazing time on here :)
    also, this piece is so relatable and well written. i loved how you went from what people struggle with to how they don't realize their worth, and then to writing about how we usually see the worst of ourselves. unfortunately, it's often so true. the ending was a great way to finish, too!

• Ava Marie

This is so good!!!