anonymous_123 [Child of God]

gender: girl

Christian/actress/gymnast/influencer?

I watch a lot of influencers on YouTube so when I write some of my series or inspirational things I feel like I’m an influencer making a video!

Please listen to this carefully. I hope that the Lord created this for the right person. If you’d like to hear more make sure you stayed tuned! I want to start reading more pieces but I haven’t really, so please comment your piece or what it is called and I’d be glad to read it!

Mark 8:34 [Child of God]

8
Mark 8:34

“If any want to be my followers, they must deny themselves and take up the cross”

I’m on the bus right now writing this. Sometimes I do in fact get more inspiration from that. Sometimes I just need to write. Most of the time, I wrote books and poems without having a storyline and just let the plot surprise me, which yes isn’t to great. The point is that I’m on the bus and I am getting filled with emotion.

I mean our God loves us so much that he died for us, he took the blame for us, and stood with us. But all we must do is deny him and take up the cross? That’s it? Why can’t we just do that?

This verse has been popping up left and right in my life. Throughout the last two weeks I feel like God has been testing me. Testing to see if I’d deny myself, testing to see if I’d take up the cross. So when I found this verse it just made me realize what I’m doing wrong.

I am letting the world take over me and focusing on the wrong thing. Actually, God is not a thing. He’s my father. My father. Not my brother, a stranger, a dead man. He’s my father!

He knows my name. He’s knows my name.. He knows my name... He knows my name! He knows my every thought. Amen if you know this song! 

God is good! And all Gods people said Amen!!!!! Anyway, so my point is if all we have to do is deny ourselves and take up the cross, then what is stopping you?
Comment below the answer to my last question. Think about it. In my next pieces I will writing about Him but without saying verses or God this or that. I will be being intentionally unintentional! Anyway, I wrote a verse this time because it has been in my heart and in my mind. I hope today at school I will do this and continue to! Amen.

• Renegade_Writer [ChildOfGod]

Hey I hear you're a Christian! Would you like to join my unofficial group? More info in my bio!

• ANSON REYNOLDS

Thanks for publishing this verse! It has a really good message. I just finished reading Shadow Of The Almighty, which is the absolute perfect story for this verse. If you feel like you've been struggling with this *switches into sincere advice announcer voice* I would strongly suggest you read it. Seriously!! It kind of completely changed the way I think about prayer and dedication and my faith and *cue mind blowing*

• doodleninja

re: thanks so much for your comment! so glad you enjoyed it! :)

• MadelineJane

AMEN!!!!

• Abigail Faith

Amen!!!!!!
    Re: Yes! I think the same!! Totally!! It's pretty freaky how the world is changing so fast. It certainly "feels" like the last days described in the Bible. Lately I have been thinking about it more often, so that's interesting that you said it too. Have you ever seen the movie Time Changer? It's so good!
    Anyways, thank you for the comment!! Have an awesome day!! :) <3

• Love, Rose

im deeply agnostic and the two things that are stopping me is that 1 what if I am wrong and 2 i don't want this religion to be dictated by the church, my beliefs are mine and God is whoever i see him not a hierarchical structure who tells me and for that i don't know yet if i want to be associated with it, but i find your pieces extremely interesting for some reason i don't know if it is because i go to a very mild Christian school so i am not surrounded by this talk.

oh, did you ever find out about the song recording from WtW? are we allowed to include a recording on a regular piece?

Amen, sister!
    I think you have a typo that might be confusing, fyi: "But all we must do is deny him and take up the cross? That’s it? Why can’t we just do that?" Is it supposed to be deny him?
    sometimes it is really hard to deny ourselves and take up the cross. maybe adding something about the struggle would strengthen your piece. I think this is so true and wonderful; just a thought. <3 <3

• bookmagic

Yeeeeeeeees!!!!!! Amen to that

• serein

re: oh thank you! I totally agree (and you put it so nicely) I think it's so wonderful when kids are inspired by their parents. (ok now that just sounds so self-absorbed but you know what I mean)
    I mean, parents are supposed to be the role models for the kids, so that would only make sense for the kids to be inspired by them!

• serein

Ahh this is such a good reminder, especially during Lent.
    I thought about a little and I just realized it's my selfish desire that is stopping me. I don't put God first, I put myself first without thinking what He would want me to do. With the help of that verse and this piece, hopefully I can work on changing that!