EliathRose

~Elizabeth~
~She/Her/Theirs~
~Christian~
~LGBTQ+~

Reminder that I am here if anyone needs to talk.
Love y'all.

Reminders

17
  • It's OK to take a break. Being overworked is in no way your fault, and you deserve time to rest. It's only human.
  • No feeling is invalid. Feelings are natural, and you have barely any control over them. Take a deep breath, acknowledge what you feel, and decide what your actions will be. Your initial feelings don't reflect anything about your character.
  • Not knowing all the answers is perfectly acceptable. Arguably, it is the constant human state to not know the answer. The world is full of mysteries, both light and dark, and it is meant to be explored, not discovered.
  • You are your own person, and you have your own life. Parents, teachers, society, or books don't know what you want. Only you do. 
  • Your grades don't reflect your character or your intelligence. It's impossible for your worth to be defined by the things you write on a slip of paper that get sent off to be graded by a human who inherently has their own biases.
  • It's OK to acknowledge that it's bad right now. It's good to know that it'll get better in the future, but right now, it's not, and that is valid.
  • Opening up to someone is an act of bravery. It does not make you intrusive, weak, needy, or annoying. Find those who are willing to listen and talk without guilt.
  • You are enough. Just as you are. You are important, influential, and complete. 
And, lastly,
  • The world is big and scary, yes, but music, moonlight, birds that dance to music, and little kids who make potions out of dirt and rainwater exist, so it can't all be bad, can it?
~If I said anything harmful, please alert me and I will fix it.~

How are all of you?

• psithurism

Ahh! I used to make 'potions' out of dirt, water, and other things when I was younger. That line definitely brought up some memories. :)

• Minvra

Re: Thank you. You're a great person.

• Minvra

Re: Definitely. And it's fine.

• Minvra

Re: It's fine. Humans need to cry. The "Grades don't affect your character or intelligence" one is definitely relatable.

Ever wonder if you're making a big deal out of something that won't change? Just something you never considered when you were younger but now realize there's probably more?

• Starlitskies

I love this. thank you. <3

• Minvra

I just finished reading this other person's novel thing and I'm still sensitive. Now I'm tearing up. This is so relatable. Grade one too and the first. Sometimes I wonder if I'm thinking about something that won't change because I feel like I should be having some response. If I'm making a big deal or not.

• JonesyL123

I really needed to hear this, thanks for writing this :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: ..... im not sure how I feel about that, but am willing to accept it.
    good. you dont have to have your heart ripped out every Friday.

• Spade

This is what I need to hear. Especially your 4th point. Thank you.

Also, I'm doing fine, how about you?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: WandaVision-ends-tomorrow-shall-i-stay-up-till-midnight-sadness. that kind.
    I see that you are obviously GREATLY uneducated. His name, is most certainly Buckaneer Calaway.

Re: Yes! I'm tired of working all the time, yet when I step back, I feel like I haven't done anything. I wish it were the other way 'round. Where I'm full of energy, don't do much, and yet when I step back, I see that I've done more than I planned XD. Unfortunately, that's not the case. And I'm not a people person. It's like people drain my energy, and I need to recharge over the weekend. Thankfully, my closer friends know, and don't mind when I decline invites to (now online) meetings, but I wish society understood that people can be overwhelming

Also, I'mma bookmark this piece to read when I feel down.

• (sk)eyesofocher

YES YES YES SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE UNDER ROCKS.
    I'm doing fiiiiiine
    *coughs in marvel sadness*
    how're you?
    re: see, there you go again. My good sherlockian, it is spelled Bunnysits Caramelsnatch.

Thank you for this. I find that people tend to forget who they are when we're put in the midst of society.

Hey Eliath! I'm doing fine: A weird place, where I feel like I'm doing everything, yet I'm also doing nothing at the same time. Ever feel like that? How are you?