Nyla

15

Two of these I already published but two I haven't- I'd be interested to know what one's your favourite :)
Have an absolutely, amazing, terrific, spectacular day :))))

Four 25 word stories/poems :)

PROMPT: 25 Words

7
Strength
“Ewww, a pimple.” She cried.
“It reminds me of a mountain.”
“What?”
“A great rise in otherwise flat lands, like Kilaminjaro, it shows your strength.”

Heard
I deserve to be valued and heard,
I am more than you could ever dare dream to be,
How? You ask. 
Simple- I am me.

Relationships
If independence is a moat, and love is the castle, the two cannot co-exist
For it is in self-deception we waste the time of everyone.

Beauty
He said, 
"Falsehood blossoms from truth. 
Greed fosters hate. 
But beauty confounds reason, your presence teaches me." 
She smiles at their stars, holding his urn.

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Wow, these are really good. I especially like the strength one and the pimple. Keep on writing!

• nolongeractive

And my newest piece is out if you wanna check it out :)

• ArtisticCatbird2020

Strength: If pimples are mountains I have mountain ranges spanning my face rip (I've always liked that metaphor, though. And naming a specific mountain adds a looot more depth to that story -- nice detail!)

Heard: That last line has so much self-confidence packed into it. Simple, yet empowering.

Relationships: [I don't understand this one but hooray for the medieval ages??]

Beauty: Aww man I gotta know more! Whose urn? Why *their* stars??

Strength and Beauty are my favorites, but all are good!

• ~Aurora~

This is amazing. Especially the last one. "Falsehood blossoms from truth" absolutely stunning. I love your writing style.
    Re: tysm <3

• nolongeractive

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG YOUR COMMENT MADE MY DAY! Your comments are so incredibly kind and I am in tears reading them, they mean more to me than you will ever know and I really appreciate you taking the time to read my piece; it means everything! I love youuuu

• Ellington Stone

Re: Haha, glad you didn't hate it :)

The one about the pimple was both humorous and meaningful. : )
    Re: Hmm, looking back on it, I guess it does have some dystopian vibes (thinking Katniss and Peeta vs. Gale.)

• McK13

Oh my goodness!! I absolutely love every single one of these stories! Heard has such a powerful purpose and message that is so true! And then the first one, Strength is just so beautiful because of how original it is to compare a pimple to Kilaminjaro -- totally mind-blowing! I had to keep rereading Relationships because of how revealing it is and just completely stunning. Then, the last one, Beauty is so heart-touching and I love how creative it is and ultimately just lovely!

Re: aww, obviously you are such a kind and amazing person because of all the super nice comments you give me!! I'm so so happy that you liked my piece and thought it was powerful!! I'm so glad that you kept writing and writing until your piece was complete!

• Ellington Stone

So breathtaking!! I REALLY love the "relationships" one, with moat and castle. I think the line about self-deception is SO TRUE. They are all good though.
    Re: Thanks so much, and I totally agree. I used different celebs to show that they ARE different, even though they are similar in some respects.

• nolongeractive

This is simply outstanding. All of your writing is so unique and different, yet it always carries such a strong and powerful message! I really love the metaphors in this piece and I always have a whirlwind of emotions when reading your writing. I simply cannot wait to see what else publish; it is such a privilege to read your writing, and I know that your writing is going to greatly impact the world in such an immense and positive way someday.