sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Years (It's my ~birthday~)

PROMPT: Year by Year

13
0: I was born on April 2. I was born screaming. 

1: I knew how to talk but never did. 

2: Discovered the movie Tangled and model trains. Became obsessed with both. 

3: Vaccumed ants from my older sister's room after she left a doughnut in there. 

4: I spoke one of my few famous toddler lines, "Can we bring that home?", when I saw a toy rocket at the Huston airport shop. 

5: Started kindergarden, and met my elementary school best friend at after school care when we magically turned around and looked right at each other. 

6: While my aunt was being diagnosed with brain cancer, I became utterly obsessed with a new discovery of mine called Harry Potter.  

7: Had an amazing trip to the redwood forest with my aunt and my family.  

8: After four months of living in Germany, where I learned about three German words and found a new obsession known as Percy Jackson, I was sitting in the back of my aunt's funeral, staring at the mud on my boots. 

9: Had my last birthday party, which was the only time I was really happy that year. Also one of the last times my best friend actually talked to me.  

10: I was up for hours before the first day at my new school, wondering what I should wear and who I should be. My sister was no help. After all, cool kids don't talk about writing stories or Kili from the Hobbit, and I had to be cool. 

11: Barely survived the first year of middle school, mainly because I was incredibly distracted. Why did I get all jittery when my friend sat on my lap? 

12: My parents took me to see Spiderman Far From Home to take my mind off of them getting divorced. Tom Holland was so cute... so was Zendaya. Should I tell my new best friend? 

13: I completely reorganized by bedroom. And wardrobe. And pretty much everything else in my life while I was stuck inside the entire year. 

14: So far? Got 100% on a chemistry quiz. Cried a little. That's pretty much it, but it's only been a few hours. 

ello it's my birthday. 

I'm so sorry about your aunt. This piece was very to the point and that added to the emotion. Happy belated birthday! Also haha, Tom Holland- yes I agree!
    RE: Thank you, and ooh that’s so cool! And yes! That word is so lazy and basically just says “not-white”. Maybe I’ll add that in a part two :)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

omg happy belated birthday I'm SO SORRY FOR NOT SEEING SOONER

• kathryn siena

happy belated birthday!
    re: haha, yeah. that was my best friend. she is really obsessed with Percy Jackson.
    side note: it is NOT about him.

Re: Thanks! It took me a hot second to figure out what to do but I think in my gut I knew a rhymes with piece was coming either way XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :) I hope you had a great day!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

And happy birthday! I love the descriptions here (also sorry about your aunt) and all the ways you found to imply things that happened from certain events in your life.

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Happy Birthday!!!! I like your take on the prompt, and how distinct, specific, and unique each milestone is. Sorry to hear about your aunt :( if you don't mind, because my birthday is tomorrow, I might make my own year by year that kind of follows yours (with the last year being my birthday)

• katnissromanoff

Happy birthday!!!! :)

Re: Yea lol for april fools'. we switched name pfp bio and message board haha

• almost flora kane

(haha sophie_simile and i had the same idea. that's crazy)

• Not_a_tear_just_a_raindrop

you read harry potter at six! impressive! I started reading them at seven

• almost flora kane

happy birthday!!! the details you decided to include in this piece were very clever to mark milestones:)

• sophie_simile

Happy Birthday! :) Great job with this piece, the small details you included like the mud on your boots made these memories all the more tangible to the reader.