cosmosconstructor

Full time Jacob Tremblay fan, musician, dancer, bookworm, stargazer, musical theatre nerd (Wicked is my fav), and awkward teenager who's just dancing through life.
Proud Ravenclaw
Daughter of Apollo
Apparently I'm Umbridge

You are wonderful! You are enough, it's already amazing how much you have become!
Stay safe and stay you!

My Life in Progress

PROMPT: Year by Year

7
The first year: I grow up in a male dominated society, where half of my family wishes I were a boy. At least it's just me! 

The second year: I get hit by a bicycle which leaves an everlasting scar, one that reminds me to always be watchful. I move to America, but without a father (it's perfectly fine though). My earliest memory occurs here, a small black crab on a sunny Hawaiian beach, I was the popular kid for the first time except that's all ruined when my dad scoops it up with my shovel and throws it back into the ocean.

The third year: I discover reading and writing while being a rambunctious but quiet child. Preschool is suddenly very fun when I discover art. 

The fourth year: I start reading complex books and sneak my favorites when it's nap time. By now I've taken lots of different activities ranging from basketball to painting (I also realize I suck at handling balls).

The fifth year: I start ballet which quickly becomes my passion, I also start to observe the world around me more. Kindergarten starts and I find a friend that I will reconnect with in the thirteenth year!

The sixth year: I make a new friend (again I will reconnect with them in the thirteenth year) who changes me forever, I also discover I can't speak my native language like I'm "supposed to". 

The seventh year: I realize my situation is anything but normal and that my parents aren't like most. And after six semesters of being stuck in the same swimming level I finally move up. Yes, I had to include that because my mom was just so proud of me. 

The eighth year: I lose most of my friends but not for long, I start to become rebellious and wander off to wonder. I also start playing the violin.

The ninth year: I'm moving to another state and restart most of my life. I start learning French and how to play the ukulele. 

The tenth year: I see Wicked in NYC, and for the first time I can't breathe. I can't find the words to describe the overwhelming emotions that struck me harder than the meteor hit the dinosaurs. 

The eleventh year: I performed a musical solo that taught me the hardships and benefits of truly being myself. It was magical and I found purpose in what I love. I also quit ballet because of the racist people in this country.

The twelfth year: I expand on what I love to do while focusing more on my studies. I also engage in lots of after school activities as well as struggling to be the best I can be. 

The thirteenth year: A teen in quarantine! I restart ballet because why should I let a few bad people prevent me from dancing my heart out? I learn more about my passions as well leading a more eco-friendly life thanks to the climate crisis I discovered. I also discovered this wonderful community and I can't wait for more, (I feel like this is a lot of exclamation marks, at least life is exciting)!!!

The fourteenth year: A mystery yet to be uncovered!! Stay tuned for more!! 

1

• BriRiley

I love how passionate you are in this piece! It’s so cool to read about each year and how your life changes! :D

• cosmosconstructor

Thanks for these beautiful comments! Anyone know how I can respond to them individually?

• Busssy.Beee

Ahh, very, very well-written!! You have done a wonderful, wonderful job with this prompt!

• ChimChim_1

Omg, I L O V E this. The format and the way you put everything together is so...AMAZING...Good job!!

• SamRose

Nice! I like it! We have a lot in common! :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

YOU SAW WICKED IN NYC WHAT AHHH

O wow! I thoroughly enjoyed this! So cool!
    re: haha I know it thoroughly surpised me too!