I Think I Loved You Once

He/Him/His
Poetry, prose, and flash fiction
I post periodically, but not always
An extreme romantic with no love interest (not a fun combo)
Cavetown brain rot with Conan Gray on repeat
Wishing to be a Minecraft bee
Eek why are u so cute? ^_^

I switched around some events of my life to fit the narrative a little better (Also I can't remember when a lot of things happened lol). This is a really cool prompt and it was a very emotional process that I really enjoyed. If you haven't already, make sure you check out my friend Anne Blackwood's piece for this prompt as well :) <3

Another Years Time

PROMPT: Year by Year

6
Year 0-1: I almost died the day I was born. My umbilical chord was wrapped around my neck. But when I did eventually come home from the hospital, my sister thought I would steal all her toys, so she hid them.

Year 2: Uneventful baby life. I loved to hang out at my grandparents house with my cousins, they had a pool and everyone knew how to swim but me. I learned to talk. 

Year 3: I loved stuffed animals and would always surround myself with them. My dad almost died this year of a mystery disease, and I had a couple of strange health problems myself. 

Year 4: I really wanted to go to school, mostly because I was jealous of my sister. I ended up going for one week at 4 years old and then turned 5 shortly after.

Year 5: Kindergarten. I met someone I would never forget. My best friend in the entire world. We had our very first argument about goldfish. 

Year 6: I loved my mom more than anything in the world. I thought she was the most beautiful lady who could ever exist. I learned "college words" in my 1st grade class. 

Year 7: I was always a little different than the other boys in my grade. Quiet, shy, sensitive. I loved arts and crafts and butterflies. I used to say "Butterflies are beautiful, and boys can like them too".

Year 8: Third grade saw the first misstep of a very important friendship. I became quiet and withdrawn, pacing on the blacktop during recess. Finally I asked to play superheroes, and everything went right back to the way it was before. 

Year 9: I loved going to school. I didn't talk a lot, but I was smart and popular to a certain degree. More of a pet to the "cool" kids than anything else.  

Year 10: My teacher went on maternity leave so we had a long term substitute for half of the year. The calm before the storm. I was happy and content. 

Year 11: 6th grade rolled around and I was devastated to learn that my best friend would be in a different class. At the time, I didn't think that it would be a big deal. It was. 

Year 12: She never came outside during recess. I waited, we planned, she never came. I learned to play wall ball and started seventh grade at a promising new art school. I was still heart broken over losing her.

Year 13: School was awesome. The people there were just like me. I was the kid everyone knew and loved, but out of so many times saying hi, I never said it once to the person who needed it most. 

Year 14: Quarantine hit, but even through the distance, I was finally able to reconnect and start healing. I learned a lot about what I believed in and who I was, but I ended up with too many pieces, and just gave up on trying to put myself back together.

Year 15: I'm still moving forward. Joints ache, and fatigue sets in, but I push on. I'm lost, I'm confused, I'm tired... but still, I'm hopeful.

Maybe all I need is,
Another years time.

I loved this! You're so descriptive but don't drag on which is awesome!
    "We had our very first argument about goldfish. " -didn't we all XD
    "At the time, I didn't think that it would be a big deal. It was. " OMG I went through the exact same thing with so many of my friends!!! It's awesome to know I'm not alone in that!
    Oooh art school!! That's so cool!
    The ending is super well-done and powerful as well!
    Hey, my name's Nyla! What's up? :)

Heads up: I've sent a sweet bean named Nyla your way who wanted to find more WtWers who are 15 (her age).

• SamRose

I love this! So great! Good job! :)

Wow, I never knew about your dad and your health problems when you were younger (or the umbilical cord thing). (/intrigued) This was very satisfying to read. Thanks for the shout-out! It looks like we both ended up using this prompt for a bit of catharsis. (/lh) Sometimes it strikes me how we're kinda different on the outside but so similar on the inside. /thought-full (is there a word for that lol)

• Yes_iKnowimShort

This is very well written. I love it! :)

• I Think I Loved You Once

Argh I didn't mean to leave peer reviews on lol