Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

To clarify why I had the nerve to call my brother and me miracles XD (/lh): My mom prayed for years to marry an American and move to live in the US with him and to have boy-girl twins. That's exactly what happened.

And I Grew

PROMPT: Year by Year

15

Year 1: My mother went from newlywedded culture shock to a house filled with two miracles, taking up space.
Year 2: A mother's broken leg and a trip across the sea to her old home.
Year 3: I learned to read, beginning my quest to climb reading levels to "the interesting stuff".
Year 4: Kindergarten began in our home-school.
Years 5 & 6: A blur of homeschool group meetups and horses and wide-eyes at our school's learning center.
Year 7: Homeschool produced too much yelling for our home to handle, and my brother and I were thrust into learning at a tiny k-8 school not too far from our house. A best friend was made.
Year 8: Back to the beginnining at the homeschool school.
Year 9: My obsession with horses flourished along with the friendships that encouraged it.
Year 10: Three-quarters of the way through the year, we couldn't keep up the lack of peace at home. Back to the little public school with an old friend, a new friend, and faces that cared not for mine.
Year 11: Fairies and Shady Creek and a wonderful new church and a relationship with a loving mother that seemed about to break. Despair.
Year 12: The art school seemed promising. A new best friend was kept. Inside the home, I fell apart.
Year 13: Anxiety haunted me, and life lost some of its joy despite it looking alright from the outside.
Year 14: Uprooted from the art school and put back at the school of my childhood. It was for the better, but I didn't know it yet. Jesus met me in my heartbreak. I began to heal.
Year 15: A mother with cancer. A daughter with a sickness pinning her down. A world in pandemic. Still, tentative peace took root.
Year 16: Constant confusion soothed by a faith that can move mountains.
I didn't realize how emotional writing this would make me. Wow.

Wow, this is very emotional! Your mother is so strong and I hope she gets better if she's not already!
    RE: Of course :)
    And haha, wait I meant scary kind of, not creepy. More just setting a darker mood for the ending but otherwise, I don’t enjoy reading creepy scary things, they’re just so much easier to write about lol
    Haha, yeah, I can never focus by just hearing either, I need to have a physical copy!
    And haha, well, the book is always better than the movie!
    I’m not a Christian- I’m actually a Muslim! But I’m always interested in learning about other religions! (My mum went to a Christian school growing up and she puts me and my sisters in Christian summer camps sometimes and they’re always so much fun! One of my best friends is Christian too! And we have like 2 bibles in our house!) And I find it so admirable that you’re so faithful!
    And ooooh nice- really good ones! I would definitely have to say being able to have control over time, so like time travelling and stopping time, things like that or just being able to swing from place to place like Spiderman XD

Wow, your mother's story is amazing in the message to readers. I love how you are so honest about your life. The ending really shows your strength and faith...really encouraging.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow Anne, mom with cancer that really hits home. I'm so sorry!!!! (For both your mom and your own sickness :() Sending love your way as usual <3<3<3

replying: ahhhh fank chu sho muchhhh

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: :D Thank you so much!!! You made me smile! :) Hope you’re doing well!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: yeah, that’s kinda me too! XD

replying: eeee it's a pleasure!
    honestly it's because we are triplets lol ahhh i don't know maybe my supreme talent lol no. but ya i thought i was the only one who felt like that so when i saw that line i felt so excited in a way and immediately related it to my feelings. and i felt so happy that youcould capture that feeling<3

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: :) I’m doin’ well, thank you! How about you?

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Just incredible.... that’s about all I can describe this with.
    Praying for you and your whole fam, and also I agree with F’Otter that the last line is #Legendary

• psithurism

re: Ahhh thank you! :) Your words are so kind and encouraging! Gosh, you're always so sweet and uplifting. Again, thanks so much Anne!

Re: lol nothing like that the pandemic has been its usual boring self for the past few weeks heh

<3<3 beautiful. you are a miracle,anne<3

• doodleninja

wow you and your brother truly were miracles, i absolutely love that lil story! and this was such a wonderful piece, love what you wrote for Year 16 :) <3

• Starlitskies

Also, I love the title. :)

• Starlitskies

Woah! Anne, this is so heartfelt and beautifully written. I hope you are doing well, and your mother too. It's awesome how her dream came true. I love the ending line, it's resounding. And you should know that you're an awesome, strong and beautiful person through and through. <3
    Re: Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my piece!

wow.. "Constant confusion soothed by a faith that can move mountains." that is just gorgeous

• Mr. Enoki

This is such a good idea! And beautifully written too! I'll have to try it sometime :)

• Odyssey

Beautiful :)

• SamRose

Wow, this is so well written and sad! Mine was not this moving. And it looks like we both love horses, if you still do. :) Good job!