Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, (unofficially) rat in a hat, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters
(Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"you can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"
~ Nightbirde

"my thoughts cry in verse"
~ traitor.o.us (poem) by Anne Blackwood

"i streak the atmosphere with ink."
~ graffiti-streaked poetry (poem) by Paisley Blue

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

tug of war

9

i don't know how to write about you

i don't know how
not to write about you

emotions bubbling into incoherent words / it's all so confusing this time
terrified of your text hello / disappointed by the regretful goodbye / why
i can't figure you out / it's impossible to understand / darkness / always deeper than you first thought / always there before you're ready
you are / a foreign concept / to me
my hands try to pin you down / but butterflies always look so lifeless / when they're captured

boy, who are you?

what is it that you want...
A word vomit about MB I wrote after re watching Sarah Kay's poem Postcards (title and first two lines inspired by that poem).

RE: Oh cool! I’m kind of the opposite where I’m naturally tan (my dad’s pale though so whenever we go to the beach I always laugh cause he burns and I don’t!) but my nose is more “European” (not sure how far back that goes) but just in that it’s pretty straight and buttony at the end (not a button nose but that’s what my friends call it) I definitely got the hair though XD

RE: Haha, thanks! And your family history is interesting to me! That’s so cool! It’s awesome you traced your lineage back so far! A lot of my friends (cause I’m Canadian) are Irish and their families migrated during the famine as well! And omg you must be so pretty! (All my Irish friends are so pretty and Arab people are so gorgeous and you’re a mix of both! -I mean that in a not weird way lol)

This was very beautifully written! The first two lines were just perfect! Darkness...always there before you're ready was so heartbreaking! RE: Oh wow- that's amazing she's persevering! And yeah, religion is super interesting to me! Thanks- I've had a lot of time to think about superpowers cause that's the question asked in just about every kid's activity as an icebreaker XD! Also haha, I can see why you would think that (with my name and Christian influence in my life) I'm actually Pakistani. My mum was born and raised in England though so that's why she went to a Christian school. Are you Arab?

Wow, you capture a lot of feelings about a new relationship...I really relate. Boys are so confusing sometimes. Brilliant work with this!

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

ahhhh i can't believe how well you captured such agonizing and confusing emotions

OH MY GOSH "my hands try to pin you down / but butterflies always look so lifeless / when they're captured" i cannot begin to describe how much i love this line. it describes the feeling of wanting to understand or know someone better but fear of being disappointed. i don't know if that's just me but i related so much to that,i feel like you articulate my thoughts

Re: No problem <3

• BriRiley

This is really good I like the last two lines!

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much! :)

• lilli17

hey im working on a song rn and I'm stuck maybe you could help, its called "keep hatin :))" if I like it ill add it and rap it to hundreds of ppl on stage